On the lookout for an anti neighbor after he makes a comment to my kids.....

This is a discussion on On the lookout for an anti neighbor after he makes a comment to my kids..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Saturday, our 9 year old twin boys were in the yard with several of their friends doing what boys that age do. They were all ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: On the lookout for an anti neighbor after he makes a comment to my kids.....

On the lookout for an anti neighbor after he makes a comment to my kids.....

Saturday, our 9 year old twin boys were in the yard with several of their friends doing what boys that age do. They were all armed with various forms of plastic guns (nerf, tow AR15s that click when you pull the trigger, one had an MP5 that was bright orange) and were running around playing a game where they were all fighting imaginary aliens who were invading Earth. Just good old American boy fun.

They came into the garage and told me a car had stopped and the guy inside had told them that they shouldn't be playing with guns that guns are bad and only bad people use guns. The guy then threw this tidbit in, he told them that their parents were bad parents because they let them play with the toy guns!

So, now I am on the lookout for this idiot so I can explain to him in no uncertain terms that he should never again try to fill my kids heads with his anti gun BS and that if he continues to drive down my street, he shouldn't ever stop in front of my house again.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

He probably just got back from one of his union gatherings where they forcibly interrupted some business operations.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I'm surprised the Secret Service agents allowed him to stop and talk to anyone.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What? Did you say he tried to offer the kids candy and asked them to get in the vehicle with him?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Wow, I wouldn't appreciate anyone putting that crap into my kids ears. Keep your eyes open for this ding dong.

If you find out who it is can you get a restraining order? I do not want strangers talking to my kids-period, about any subject.

Exactly Joker! I may point that out to the idiot.

This is in a subdivision by the way where if you walk down the streets in the afternoon when a lot of garage doors are open you will notice that about 75% of the homes have large gun safes in the garages! This idiot has to be one of the only people that live there who is an anti.

I'm really not a fan of Indiana but I can say, there are a lot of gun loving Hoosiers here. That's about the only saving grace in my eyes.
    oneshot and SIGguy229 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sting operation: Get all the kids in the neighborhood with their PC toy guns and have a zombie apocalypse scenario, maybe this crusader will make another visit and he can be corralled and educated.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Exactly Joker! I may point that out to the idiot.

This is in a subdivision by the way where if you walk down the streets in the afternoon when a lot of garage doors are open you will notice that about 75% of the homes have large gun safes in the garages! This idiot has to be one of the only people that live there who is an anti.

I'm really not a fan of Indiana but I can say, there are a lot of gun loving Hoosiers here. That's about the only saving grace in my eyes.
    Yikes! Sounds like a good reason to keep the ol garage door closed although this jerk obviously missed the clues. Do you think he lives in the neighborhood?

Man, back in the day I was constantly playing cowboys and indians, army, war, good guy/bad guy, star wars, etc. with anything that even looked like a gun. I used to have a stick that was shaped perfectly for my blaster. Used to dress up in dads old uniforms and carry belts of empty brass and blanks. I miss those days.
    NRA Life Member

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post

So, now I am on the lookout for this idiot so I can explain to him in no uncertain terms that he should never again try to fill my kids heads with his anti gun BS and that if he continues to drive down my street, he shouldn't ever stop in front of my house again.
    Yes, because that's exactly how he'll see it, no way will he take it as "that crazy gun owner threatened me by telling me not to stop in front of his house"

Lecture him up one side and down the other regarding hi interactions with your kids, do not lecture him about where he should and should not stop on a public street.

What is it with liberals that they feel they must inflict their POV on on anyone and everyone whether they're asked for it or not?? Pretty flippin' egotistical to think he has the right to undermine parental authority for kids he doesn't even know! Kinda makes me wish that I lived in your subdivision, just so I could help "keep a watch out" for that hairball too! Not bad enough to move though...
    Bark'n likes this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't appreciate anyone putting that crap into my kids ears. Keep your eyes open for this ding dong.
    I take it you home school and don't let your family watch TV. Don't get me wrong I am right with you, but there is so much junk out there today and it has been around for a long time.

If I knew who it was fore sure, I'd flag them down and say, "Don't stop and tell my kids what they should and should not be doing. Last time I checked, as their Dad, that's my job. You are free to tel your own kids whatever you want."
    jem102 and RemMod597 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Let it go.

Just tell your kids your position. Tell them it is OK to play in your yard, and instruct them to walk away from strangers who stop to talk to them-- even if they seem friendly. Remind them that they are under no obligation to obey a stranger unless it is a uniformed police officer.

Explain that good people often have different opinions about things and that sometimes when they feel strongly about something they don't use their heads--- and this stranger did not use his head.

I think you can frame that in words your kids will understand, especially the part about not interacting
    with people who just stop their car and want to speak with them.

Inform your children that the two most dangerous words they might ever hear from an adult are "come here."

"Come here" or "come here I want to tell you something" or the many variants should mean run to your house. It is only to be obeyed if uttered by a policeman. And explain to your children that anything said to them after "come here" can be safely ignored if it is different from what their parents have told them.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Strangely enough,,^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopyards post does have some wisdom to it.

Nonetheless, I myself would be somehow compelled to tell the guy to stay the H.E. Double Hockey Sticks away from the kids.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links