Problems with Fiocchi ammo?

This is a discussion on Problems with Fiocchi ammo? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Had problems this past weekend with FTEs. I've had FTE issues with Sellier & Bellot ammo in my G26, and so I stopped using it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Fiocchi ammo?

Had problems this past weekend with FTEs. I've had FTE issues with Sellier & Bellot ammo in my G26, and so I stopped using it. This time it was Fiocchi 9mm 115gr. I had 5 failures out of the 20 rounds in two mags. It was not a limp wrist issue.

Two of the spent casings were visibly dented. Each of the casings jammed in the barrel, and I had to shake my gun quite a bit (unloaded, of course) to get at least two of them out. Every round did fire though.

Has anyone else had problems with Fiocchi? I'm hoping that this was just a bad box. My Glock eats American Eagle/Federal with no problems at all. (and all the really expensive SD ammo, too)

Maybe the gun just needs to be broken in more... I probably have not quite 400 rds through it at this point.

VIP Member
    Are you sure they weren't dented prior to loading them into your magazine? I always give ammo a quick scan as I'm loading my mags.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I shoot Fiocchi pretty exclusively in several of my guns; Beretta CX-4 and Springfield EMP especially, and I've never had any problems at all. My wife shoots it as well in her Sig Mosquito, so we've shot it in multiple calibers, no problems.

GM
    I have used Fiocchi before - both 9mm and .45 ACP - and I never had a problem with it. I think Fiocchi is a decent ammo, but it tends to run hotter than other standard pressure ammunition.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I have used both in my Beretta's without problem. The dents may be a extraction issue.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    I have piles of it as well. I think this is just a good reminder that any ammo is suspect. I'm bad about just loading 'em up at the range.

I haven't had any trouble with any I have used.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protek View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with Fiocchi? I'm hoping that this was just a bad box.
    FWIT, so far I have had zero problems with Fiocchi ammo in 9mm, .40 or .380 and .38. Everything has fired and ejected as expected. On the box you have, I suspect there is a lot number. Just for the heck of it, jot the lot number down and call them and explain your issues.

If there is an issue WE ALL would want to know. In my experence, Fiocchi, has been 100% reliable in the firearms I use it in. If there is a fluke, either with your pistol or the ammo, lets see if we can find the problem.

Considering the way ammo is made and the speed in which it is produced, several thousand rounds could be flawed by machinery errors alone.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Ps, according to the Glock-O-Holics, the 26 and 27 should feed and eat anything it is fed. (see many, many previous posts about this.)
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Never have had an issue.

Never had a problem with Sellier & Beloit nor Fiocchi ammo at all, in any gun. In 9mm, .223, or any other caliber. And, I've shot quite a bit of both. I find it's been extremely reliable.

I think I'ld be checking my gun if you are having issues with more than 1 brand of ammo.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Are you sure they weren't dented prior to loading them into your magazine? I always give ammo a quick scan as I'm loading my mags.
    I usually load my mags at home and look it over first to make sure nothing's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    FWIT, so far I have had zero problems with Fiocchi ammo in 9mm, .40 or .380 and .38. Everything has fired and ejected as expected. On the box you have, I suspect there is a lot number. Just for the heck of it, jot the lot number down and call them and explain your issues.
    There are lot numbers inside the box flap. Unfortunately my routine goes something like this: get home from range, clean guns, reload mags, recycle empty ammo boxes. Maybe I need to rethink this...

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Never had a problem with Sellier & Beloit nor Fiocchi ammo at all, in any gun. In 9mm, .223, or any other caliber. And, I've shot quite a bit of both. I find it's been extremely reliable.

I think I'ld be checking my gun if you are having issues with more than 1 brand of ammo.
    I've shot Fiocchi in my G26 before, and also in three other guns, including .38 special. Never had a problem until this one batch. I wish I'd saved the box. If it happens again, I'll be talking to a gunsmith.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I haven't personally had a problem with them in 9mm, but I know for a fact that in .380 the rounds are slightly longer than other brands (looked at them myself), and this has been known to cause any number of small malfunctions. So maybe the box you got has the same problem? Checkem out.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links