The 500 S&W - Page 2

The 500 S&W

This is a discussion on The 500 S&W within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's a frame from a video of me touching off an 8" .460... hornady factory loads, in broad daylight. The cylinder gap flash is impressive... ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 500 S&W

Here's a frame from a video of me touching off an 8" .460... hornady factory loads, in broad daylight. The cylinder gap flash is impressive... but the real noticable thing in the video is the brass on the table below me bouncing 2 feet off the table every time I pull the trigger :)

Can't shoot that thing without a big grin :)
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

VIP Member
    A good friend of mine has one of the S&W 500's with a 4" barrel...we took it to an indoor range on a slow day (the RO was the only one else there) and he fired a couple of cylinders. The concussion (as opposed to mere muzzle blast... ) was eye opening...it caused the light lens on the exit sign behind him to fall off...twice.

I don't really have a desire to shoot handguns this powerful, but "to each, his own"...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Very much so team american. When I witnessed a man shooting a huge revolver at my range, afterwards I asked him the round.. He said it was a 480 Ruger. But the concussion it produced.. (especially the first time when i preparing to shoot, and he shot when i didnt expect it. I had to wait until he was reloading to actually shoot!) HUGE air pressure change when that thing fired. It still amazes me to think about it. I dont doubt the Exit sign falling apart.. at all!
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Pragmatic side says "Unless your using it as a sidearm on a big game hunt, I think your better off with a shotgun."

Fun side says "Bet you cant Double gun that!!"
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links