Mosin-Nagant & Others Range Report

This is a discussion on Mosin-Nagant & Others Range Report within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I told you all in an earlier thread that I recently purchased a Izhevsk Arsenal Mosin-Nagant 91/30. Took it to the range today accompanied by ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BigRay

Thread: Mosin-Nagant & Others Range Report

I told you all in an earlier thread that I recently purchased a Izhevsk Arsenal Mosin-Nagant 91/30. Took it to the range today accompanied by my wife and her Ruger LCP. I also had my Spanish Mauser 7 x 57 with a new bolt, plus the S&W model 39 and 66 with a Rossi M68 in .38spl.

I popped off with the Mosin and love it. Can't hit squat with it yet, but will continue. I only had 20 rounds. If I would have had the stash Sixto came home with, we'd still be at the range. My wife fired two rounds, but it kicked a little bit for her so she stuck with her LCP, my 9mm, .38spl and the .22 revolver.

The Spanish 7 X 57 Mauser worked well with the new bolt. It kicks like a mule so I only fired about 10 rounds with it.

Here are the pics of me shooting the Mosin-Nagant and my wife shooting my S&W model 66. We did well overall, have not been shooting in sometime, but we did manage to hit the targets.

DSCN1141.JPG DSCN1143.JPG
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I have two Izhevsks, a 19/30 and a Model 38 carbine, both built in September, 1940, and I love them! Congrats, and start saving up for more Russian ammo — you're gonna need lots of it!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    BigRay

Springfield TRP Armory Kote, Springfield Trophy Match, Sig Sauer P220R SAO, Glock 35 with Heinie Slant Pro sights, Springfield Armory XDs 45, S&W Model 29 Mountain Gun, PTR-91F in 7.62mm NATO, Springfield M1A1, Sig 556 Patrol Rifle and Benelli M2 with 10-round magazine

I have a Tula 91/30 with a hex receiver, and a Izhevsk M44. The Tula has matching numbers. The M44 has seen a bit of action.

Ammo can be found reasonably priced.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Sponsored Links