Gun sale across state line

This is a discussion on Gun sale across state line within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's against the law to sell a firearm across state lines without involving an ffl. This seems to go against the part in the 2nd ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gun sale across state line

Seems pretty clear to me.

It's against the law to sell a firearm across state lines without involving an ffl.
    This seems to go against the part in the 2nd amendment "...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Particularly the infringing by having to involve the Feds in a private sale.

So yes it is against the law to sell firearms to someone from a different state. Is it right on the other hand is another story.

2. Remove Ads

I have always heard it was illegal to sell across state lines also unless going through an FFL. I have sold to individuals across state lines, but I took the firearm to a FFL on "his" side of the state line where he met me. He did the paperwork with the FFL. They logged the weapon into their books, and back out to the new owner once his background check was complete.

To the OP, if you live within driving distance to meet him on his side of the state line, you can just carry the Glock to an FFL on his side of the state line where he can meet you and do the paperwork through the FFL. No need to ship from one FFL to another. Since you are the lawful owner of the firearm, you can hand deliver it to his FFL.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

This is an old thread.

What anyone has "heard" or how it "seems" is simply your impression. I think this Deep Thought is applicable here....

Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call
    them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so
    what, can't we all be brothers?
    - Jack Handy

If you want to argue it - do what you think, then get arrested and argue it in court. In real life, ask a lawyer, ask the ATF (in writing), or just do what you think is right. I hope it works out for you.

Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links