Gander Mtn. today

This is a discussion on Gander Mtn. today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok I've been on here for a few months and read all the bad things you guys said about Taurus. I had a Millinium Pro ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Gander Mtn. today

Gander Mtn. today

Ok I've been on here for a few months and read all the bad things you guys said about Taurus. I had a Millinium Pro .40 that I was (am) happy with. Never had a problem but all of you made me feel bad about owning it.lol I went to the local Gander Mtn. to trade it in for a LC9. I had given 299.00 plus tax for it in July at the same store. I thought I could give 50-75 cash and my gun for the used LC9. They offered 130.00 for the Taurus and wouldn't come off the 350.00 tag for the Ruger. The guy seemed embarassed after going to the back to check with his boss on the price. I was nice and said no thanks. Has anyone else had dealings with Gander Mtn. like this? I don't have a problem with any one making a buck but not all at once. Kinda felt like I was at Joe Bob's Used Cars and Bait Shop. I think I'll just keep the Taurus and find a pawn shop or LGS here in Lubbock to deal with. Thanks for letting me rant.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

2. Remove Ads

You'll never get anywhere near what a gun is worth trading it in, if you like it why get rid of it? Who cares what someone says in a post? I have a buddy who loves his Taurus and would buy another in a heartbeat.

If it works, keep it. But that's just my opinion.

Sorry about the negative. Blaming you guys was easier than explaining to the wife that I wanted a LC9.
    Thunder71 and dcselby1 like this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I've never seen any "fantastic, can't-turn-down" deals at GM.

Just keep buying all black guns, they all look the same you know. :D

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Sell your Tarus to them and buy the LC9 online for about $273, plus about a $30 FFT fee...oh wait, that's about $303 bucks, (not incl. tax). I would have said 'OK $350 out the door and $125 for the Tarus.' No transfer fee.

You might have passed up a deal.

Good Luck

VIP Member
    $350. for the LC9 isn't an unreasonable price, but I do agree that Gander Mountain will rape you on a trade in or a out right buy from you. Best bet if you want to get rid of the Taurus is a private sale. Then with cash in hand you can shop around and see if you can beat their price.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    $350. for the LC9 isn't an unreasonable price, but I do agree that Gander Mountain will rape you on a trade in or a out right buy from you. Best bet if you want to get rid of the Taurus is a private sale. Then with cash in hand you can shop around and see if you can beat their price.
    try to sell the gun on boards like this, I sold my g27 via a FLA gun forum and got about $50 less for it than what I paid for it new. Then again glocks seem to hold their values well

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Only luck I have making a worthwhile trade is with friends or gunshows.

VIP Member
    First off, welcome to DC!!!!!!!!!

You will get a lot of advice here.
    Most of it is right on the money.
    You will figure out who is giving you the best advice, insight and how-to and so on.
    Opinions are like ...,well you know what, every one has one.

Do not worry what others say about your firearms.
    If you like them, and they work for you , don't worry, keep them.

What you will find here is a wealth of knowledge, insight and experience, and when someone says this brand of firearm isn't worth owning, or those bullets aren't worth buying/shooting, that is most often based on experience.
    Some jokers will offer their .02 cents by heresay,and what someone told them.
    Don't worry about them.
    If you had a car, and it has been a good car, and someone says its junk, would you rush out and trade it just because??

Keep your Taurus if you are happy.
    If in the future you shoot something else, and it feels better in your hands, has safety features you would like and so on, do some research, and base your decision on what you find.

I personally think the older Taurus revolvers are pretty good. my mom has my dads mod.66, and my wife has a mod. 85.
    Would I go and buy a Taurus semi.?
    No, because I think the're is better out there.
    I have an S&W M&P9c.
    Some guys here will say I'm nuts.
    If you want an LC9, save up for one and go get it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Keep the Taurus. I have a Taurus PT745 that I love. I carry it everyday and have no reservations about it. Don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't have. Like Oneshot said, you won't sell your car because someone says it's junk. If you like it and you are comfortable with it, keep it!

Tim

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The impression that I get with Taurus is that if you get one that works, it works great. If you get one that doesn't, they seem to be a perpetual problem. I know people who have Taurus and are very happy with it. I have also been told by the guys who run the range that we go to that your better off spending $100 more on something else. If you have one that you like and it works reliably, there is no reason to trade it on something else.

Edit: Gander Mountain, my experience has been that they charge full MSRP and you can do better elsewhere.
    oneshot likes this.

If you've got a gun you like and it works brown bag it for a few weeks (or cut out a sodaor some such to save a few pennies everyday) and you'll soon have the pocket change for the next toy, LC9s aren't going anywhere anytime soo

Glock Certified Armorer

No matter what make and model of gun you buy (including the LC-9), you will find people who hate it, had a terrible experience with it, and would never buy another. If you like the Taurus keep it and add the other gun to your collection. I've got four pistols and like each of them. But, I've been warned to avoid the Smith & Wesson manufactured PPK/S, that Sig's quality control has declined, and that Kimbers are overrated and overpriced. There's a whole lot of good advice on this forum, but some of it you have to take with a grain of salt.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links