Want to tell you about my recent experience with Springfield Armory.....

This is a discussion on Want to tell you about my recent experience with Springfield Armory..... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Awhile back I called Springfield Armory about a weird issue with the finish on my SA loaded champion, the finish was peeling off the top ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Want to tell you about my recent experience with Springfield Armory.....

VIP Member

Want to tell you about my recent experience with Springfield Armory.....

Awhile back I called Springfield Armory about a weird issue with the finish on my SA loaded champion, the finish was peeling off the top of the slide. Also I was experiencing a few FTF, and some minor extraction issues (mainly slinging brass at my face). So I called CS and the sent a FED Ex shipping label and off it went. About a week later they called and agreed that the finish on the slide wasn't up to spec, and they would refinish along with correcting the feeding and extraction issues. I was asked what finish i wanted on the frame, which they said they would redo also, even though I didn't ask. I asked if it the frame finish could match the slide, and both be a matte black Armory kote. She replied yes, and that it was cheaper for them to do so. Anway about a week and half later I received a call stating the gun was being shipped the following day. this all took place at the beginning of the summer, and being busy I actually didn't get to shoot it till last week. Other than the finish, the bull barrel was polished, and the almost nonexistent ramp in the frame was polished and smoothed to aid feeding. The extractor was replaced and tuned, and since the gun was apart the trigger returned much crisper than it was when it left. I put 200 round through it on Friday, 50 Gold Dots(which was one of the rounds that consistently FTF, 50 Winchester Ranger T-Series, and 100 FMJ's (WWB), not a single FTF and no more brass in the face! I can't tell you how pleased I am with this company, wish all American companies had this level of customer service! I have included a before picture with those of the refinished pistol.

champ before.jpg004.jpg006.jpgP9210009.jpg002.jpg
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good experience, and glade it worked out. I've always been fond of the SA 1911's; I have owned a few over the years. The only down side is the cost of ammo these days.

Nice to hear a company going the extra mile.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Nice!

That's great! Always good to hear a good customer service story and especially so from an American company!

You have a beautiful gun there by the way!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Only problem with my SA XD40 SC was one of the mags I got with it. They replaced it at their expense within a couple days. No other problems experienced. Very happy with SA's CS!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Springfield's customer service sets an extremely high bar. A couple of years ago they replaced the barrel, link, bushing and both sights on a 17-year old 1911A1 because it shot low. I had called to ask what sight options I had, and I got the full treatment instead.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

From what I hear around here, it's almost better to get a lemon from Springfield. They'll be getting some of my money soon enough.

VIP Member
    The champion was assembled in Brazil, my other Springer, a 5" stainless loaded was assembled here in the states, it is very tight, and very accurate. I but a Novak brass bead front sight and black rear sight to replace the white dots that were on it when I bought it, really fast to pick now!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Great Company with GREAT customer service.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Nice! S.A. customer service is top notch, they took very good care of my Loaded when it went back for a warranty issue.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

I think that SA CS is second to none. Nothing but great experiences from them. Bennelli on the other hand.

Awesome. One reason of many that I chose a SA as my primary defensive weapon. They really are a great company. Sure, it would be nice if my gun was manufactured in the US instead of Croatia, but I understand why the company outsources. Glad to hear more solid CS results. Gives me that much more confidence in the rare case that something actually does go wrong with my firearms.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Thanks for posting. Always nice to see a positive customer service comment.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Everyone that I know, who have had dealings with SA CS have been impressed by their speedy and professional service.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links