First Range report: Glock 23 & Sig sp2022

This is a discussion on First Range report: Glock 23 & Sig sp2022 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey everybody. I turned 21 a couple weeks ago and received a Glock 23 g4 from my Dad and a Sig sp2022 from my fiancee's ...

Thread: First Range report: Glock 23 & Sig sp2022

First Range report: Glock 23 & Sig sp2022

Hey everybody. I turned 21 a couple weeks ago and received a Glock 23 g4 from my Dad and a Sig sp2022 from my fiancee's step Dad. I was able to take them out to the range for the first time today. This is my first range report so bare with me lol. Today was actually my first full time at the range other than my HCP class. I am pretty new to handguns so I didnt shoot tight groups or anything. But I will tell you my experience with the pistols.

Glock 23 g4:

This Glock was bought used but looks as if it has never been fired. I put over 200 rounds through it today with no malfunctions of any kind. I was shooting Privi Partizan 180g .40sw ammunition. Every round fed and extracted perfectly. The gun was much more accurate than I am at this time. It has the 0-3 extractor if anyone is interested due to some of the gen 4 problems. As I said earlier, I am a relatively new shooter and have absolutely no problems with the recoil of the .40sw round. In fact, this gun had no more felt recoil than my Dad's S&W 5906 9mm. My Dad's friend, who had never shot a pistol before today had no problems with the recoil either. It is my favorite pistol and will be my carry pistol.

Sig SP2022:

My other pistol is a Sig SP2022 also in .40sw. This gun was NIB. I shot the same ammo as the Glock. My Fiancee was the first to shoot this pistol. When she shot, every round of the first mag jammed or stove piped. I shot it and it was perfect. I told her she might be limp wristing, she adjusted her grip and it worked perfectly. 200 some rounds letter and absolutely no more malfunctions of any kind. The gun has a good feel to it in my hand, although I prefer the feel of the Glock. It is also noticeably heavier than the Glock (6 ounces or so I believe). The DA pull was nice and the SA pull was exceptional. I honestly cant think of any other brand new $400 gun that could be better than this.

There is my first range review. I would be happy to answer any questions I can. Thanks for reading! Here are some pics.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on two fine autoloaders, both are top performers and should give you a lifetime of service.

The Glock looks like a Gen 4, so someone must have traded it in recently for what ever reason. Glad it runs like it should for ya. Some folks have had a few issues with theirs for whatever reason, but it sounds like you gotta good one.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Cool

Welcome to the forum.

You have two fine guns to start your career with. Congrats.

Now you get to decide what ammo to carry for SD and what holsters to carry your pistols in.

My primary EDC is the Glock 23 with 124 grain +p Gold Dots or Golden Sabers in a High Noon Public Secret holster.

photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    click images to enlarge....

Be Safe !

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

GM
    Welcome to the forum

Congrats on the Glock and the SIG! BTW, nice family you have
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Congrats on the nice start with both pistolas...good choices. Any pair with a Glock in it is a great choice.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new guns. Now the fun really starts, finding a carry rig that suits you and a defensive load for them. Just remember, what 1 gun likes may not be what the other one prefers. My preference (and my .40's like it) is the 165gr Federal HST. Unfortunately, unless you have gun shows you can make, or you order it on line, it won't be available.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thanks guys! The Glock is a gen 4 and so far it has been flawless. I have an iwb holster from white hat holsters that I will be using. It is pretty comfortable, a little awkward since I'm not use to it. But not at all uncomfortable. Defense ammo is what Im looking at now. I woud like HST but as said earlier, it is hard to find.

Links