My Taurus died today.

This is a discussion on My Taurus died today. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It was sick since the day it was born. Its in a better place now....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My Taurus died today.

Administrator
    It was sick since the day it was born. Its in a better place now.
    TN_Mike, Doodle, JD and 2 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    That bites. My condolences.
    Send it in for fix'n, get it back, trade it off (with disclosure), forget about it.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I made that mistake, then I made it again. Shame on me. Once I got mine back fixed, I promptly sold them and got weapons with a better reliability track record. Good luck with your choice.
    JD and alafan like this.

Let this be the signal that it is time to move on to a better class for defensive weapon. When it comes back, sell it or trade it in on a Glock or an XD or an M&P or several other higher quality defensive weapons.
    357and40 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Taurus will make it right. It'll take 2 months but they will make it right. It took them almost 3 months to replace a Rossi revolver I had that broke the hammer pivot pin after only having it 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    That's not just about leaving with one gun, that in general- carrying a backup is great, but, having that backup doesn't mean you'll be able to use it if your primary fails.
    Sure gives you a heck of a better option than throwing your non-functional weapon as the only projectile you have a chance at throwing at the BG....
    If I have the options of a slim chance & no chance I will take the slim chance every time... You?
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Sometimes, things happen for a reason.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It was sick since the day it was born. Its in a better place now.
    He sent her out to pasture! LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Take comfort in knowing it can be reincarnated as a Glock, M&P, or Springfield.

You should try out a Sig you won't be let down and they make Quality firearms with lifetime warranty
    I have yet to be attacked by a block of ballistic gelatin but.........

I also had a problem with my first and last Taurus PT-709! When firing it at the range the recoil spring snapped and was wobbling around! Called them up and they wanted to charge me for a replacement spring! Got the spring and it seems to be OK!

Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    You should try out a Sig you won't be let down and they make Quality firearms with lifetime warranty
    + 1 on that one. My first pistol purchase was a 24/7 9mm. What a piece of junk. Lifetime warranty or not, they're junk. And I think the term lifetime in "Lifetime Warranty" means after you send it in, you'll get back at some point in your lifetime.

I sold it and got a SIG P250. Then another, then another, and I just ordered another. Nuff' said.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by defensive007 View Post
    Well, my wife has the SIG P238. She likes it. But I wanted something really small. I think people around here use the term "bug." Basically, I carry my Glock 90% of the time. But in certain circumstances when I need something easier and more comfortable to conceal, I carry the Taurus. For example, when I go to Church I don't really want to be printing with my Glock in an OWB especially in the type of clothes I wear to church. On the other hand, I don't want to be sitting for an hour or two with my Glock in an IWB. That is too uncomfortable. So the little Taurus was always a good compromise to wear in a low-risk situation where comfort is going to take priority over function.

So the only 3 guns I was aware of that were small enough for this category were the Ruger LCP, the Taurus TCP, and the Kel Tec P3AT. I've read tons of reviews and pretty much everyone says the same thing: None of these 3 guns are particularly reliable or easy to shoot. That being the case, and that I liked the fact that the Taurus had a slide release on it, I went with that one. And it has served me well for a year and a half without a single malfunction, up until 2 weeks ago.

I'm tempted to go out and buy another little gun of some kind, maybe even another Taurus. As long as I can take it to the range and put 50 rounds through it with no malfunctions, I'll feel confident to carry it. When my other one comes back from repair I could either keep it as a backup-backup, or sell it. At the moment my Walther P22 has taken its place and I used it just last night at a family gathering where I didn't want to carry my Glock.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

VIP Member
    I think your data is skewed regarding the reliability of the LCP and the P3AT. My observations are subjective, but my impression is that the TCP is by far the most unreliable.

I wouldn't say that I enjoy shooting the LCP, but it's more accurate than I am and has been shrugging off daily abuse for over two years now on original parts and a perfect performance record. The reason that I originally chose it was for its reputed reliability.

The difference between the LCP, P3AT, and TCP is that two of the manufacturers ( Ruger and Keltec) will fix your weapon expediently and professionally and give you great customer service, and when it comes back.... it won't have other issues..... the third manufacturer (Taurus) .... well, just deal with them once. You will get my drift.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links