My Taurus died today.

My Taurus died today.

This is a discussion on My Taurus died today. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think I posted a few weeks ago that my TCP 738 was jamming a lot at the range. This is a gun that I ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: My Taurus died today.

My Taurus died today.

I think I posted a few weeks ago that my TCP 738 was jamming a lot at the range. This is a gun that I carry semi-regularly. So that concerned me being it has been totally 100% reliable since I bought it. I thought maybe it was the ammo I had bought, so I didn't worry too much about it. When I cleaned it, I couldn't find anything wrong with it, and ran about 30 snap caps through it with no problems. But I decided to make a special trip to the range today just to see if that gun was working correctly. I also took the spare magazine to see if that was the problem. I tried 3 different brands of ammo and repeated it in both mags. Unfortunately, same result. Jammed every 3 or 4 rounds. But if that wasn't bad enough, it actually quit firing completely. I'd pull the trigger all the way to where it simply wouldn't pull anymore. I could see the little internal hammer pulling back, but it would never actually release to fire the round. So at this point, the gun was useless as it would no longer fire at all. And I still couldn't figure out what is actually wrong with it.

So I went to Taurus' website and filled out a repair order and boxed it up. I'll be dropping it off at UPS tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm glad I decided to go back to the range and test it out. Otherwise I might be carrying around a defective gun with me.

In the meantime, I guess I'm back to my Walther P22 for a little backup gun. (will still be using the Glock 90% of the time)
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

WOW, amazing a gun could jut stop firing like that. I won't jump on the taurus hate bandwagon but that does suck. At least you have the glock. As much as I am not a fan, at least we all know they work. Carry an extra magazine in the meantime is what I would do. Good luck.

Happy you found out at the range and not when you really needed it!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Well, at least you should feel great knowing that as many times as it breaks and/or fails you...Taurus will keep on fixing it for you FREE!
    atctimmy, Guest1, azchevy and 2 others like this.

Depending on the reason for the jam it's very possible that something like the ejector broke with the piece falling into the firing mechanism jamming it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

As a former Taurus owner (PT745 & PT709-9), I sorry to say that your experience with a broken Taurus is not unusual.
    ZX9RCAM likes this.

VIP Member
    Sucks that your gun broke, but the up side is it happened at the range.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

A bad thing, but Taurus will fix it.

A co-worker of mine bought a brand new Taurus revolver awhile back and before he carried it, went to the range. It would not fire at all, so he boxed it, sent it back to Taurus and they fixed the problem with no charge. It works just fine now, I have even fired it at the range.

Taurus will make it right.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Cool

In the meantime, I guess I'm back to my Walther P22 for a little backup gun. (will still be using the Glock 90% of the time) {QUOTE} adric22

Now change that using the Glock 90% of the time to using the Glock 100% of the time and your problems will be solved.

Good luck on getting the Taurus repaired quickly and perminately.

OS
    AZ Hawk likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Kudos on 'maning up' and admitting it. It's tough when our beloved let us down. Just remember, you didn't marry Taurus.

Your life is worth a better gun.

As much as I do not like Glocks, I will trust a Glock with my life before a Taurus.

As for the whole they will fix it for free thing, so will hi-point and their handguns are abject junk...

Several people comment that they were glad it failed at the range rather than when needed. I presume anyone who made that comment leaves the house with a single weapon and feels good about it?
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I'm with (duk) On this One
    H/D

"[it's very possible that something like the ejector broke]"
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Sure is a good thing you went to the range! You made the perfect choice there. I won't bash your Taurus, I've got one of my own.

But I also am a Glock guy and that's what I primarily carry.

I'm curious, did you have a lot of rounds down range with the Taurus?
    Question Everything!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Several people comment that they were glad it failed at the range rather than when needed. I presume anyone who made that comment leaves the house with a single weapon and feels good about it?
    That's not just about leaving with one gun, that in general- carrying a backup is great, but, having that backup doesn't mean you'll be able to use it if your primary fails.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    A bad thing, but Taurus will fix it.

A co-worker of mine bought a brand new Taurus revolver awhile back and before he carried it, went to the range. It would not fire at all, so he boxed it, sent it back to Taurus and they fixed the problem with no charge. It works just fine now, I have even fired it at the range.

Taurus will make it right.
    Yes, Taurus will make it right.....again, and again and again....

"Friends don't let friends buy a Taurus handgun".

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links