Springfield 1911 Platform Feedback Please - Page 2

Springfield 1911 Platform Feedback Please

This is a discussion on Springfield 1911 Platform Feedback Please within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FWIW, My understanding and it is based only upon reading reviews that the feeding issues even in so called "Mil Spec" versions have long been ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Springfield 1911 Platform Feedback Please

FWIW, My understanding and it is based only upon reading reviews that the feeding issues even in so called "Mil Spec" versions have long been resolved. Again based on research another up side of Springfield 1911 is that they have a reputation for being excellent foundation for a custom / customized / upgraded gun. In one review that was the authors intent to buy a Springfield 1911 to customize but according to him it ran so well out of the box he never did anything to it.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Springfield makes a great 1911. My 5" .45 has the best trigger I have shot, and is my most accurate gun.

You probably don't want an adjustable rear sight on a gun you will carry. The rear sight can be sharp enough to cut you if your arm brushes past it. I'm just sayin'.
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

I've had a SA 1911-A1 SS for about 6 years,have never had any problem from it,shoots good and handles recoil well
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I took my 1911 .45 mil spec out for a shoot today, performed flawlessly, both FMJ & Hp's. The only problem I've had was when breaking it down to clean, I couldn't get the slide stop to push out. Tried for an hour then finally took it over to the store where I bought it and had the gunsmith remove it. He had a problem too but finally removed it. He said that it had to be "perfectly" lined up with the disassembly notch to remove (I knew that). Anyone else had this problem?

If your looking for a carry gun I'd go with the CHAMP TNS, for a range gun go with the SRVC TGT.[/QUOTE]

can someone tell me why there is a difference between a "range gun and a carry gun"???
    Guns don't kill people, People kill people!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links