Anybody ever injured their hand(s) shooting? - Page 2

Anybody ever injured their hand(s) shooting?

This is a discussion on Anybody ever injured their hand(s) shooting? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; my buddy split his head open shooting my 50 bmg.......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anybody ever injured their hand(s) shooting?

my buddy split his head open shooting my 50 bmg....

Well depending on what pistol you are shooting you could replace the grips with a Hogue rubber grip or slip over. I have them on all of my pistols and I never get fatigued hands. Worth a shot, and its only 30 bucks down the drain if it doesn't work out!
    Erick46590 likes this.
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

Another thing I forgot to add, if you get the replacement grips or the slip overs they have finger groves and those will pretty much make you hold it correctly or your hand won't fit right. So it will solve 2 problems! I shoot my .45 with them on and I can go all day and blow off 500 + rounds out back and not have any issues! :)
    Erick46590 likes this.
    2nd Amendment, the one that protects the rest!

My old PPK used to give me the old vampire bite on the web of my hand. Other than that,my Mosin M44 beats my shoulder to hell.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    "With great firepower comes great responsibility."

My Browning Hi-Power bites the webbing between my thumb and index finger. Leaves a blood blister usually.
    Ocasionally breaks skin though.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    My Browning Hi-Power bites the webbing between my thumb and index finger. Leaves a blood blister usually.
    Ocasionally breaks skin though.
    Time to bob that hammer! Ouch!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I've had my trigger finger turn black and blue from trigger bounce on an M11nine (after 800-1,000 rounds). I ALWAYS seem to cut my middle finger on the trigger guard of "Bear's Bark" when I shoot it with one hand (but I still do it once a year). And I've melted my fingerprint off a few times, absentmindedly tightening suppressors.

If you could post a few photos of your grip it might help.

I was shooting my dad's Kimber 1911 at a friends farm, the gun is black and I left it in the sun while I was sighting in my deer rifle and when I picked it up again it was hot enough that it burned the web of my hand.

I got a blister on my trigger finger and pinched a nerve in same while breaking in, both shooting and lots of dry firing, my LCR. The blister healed in a matter of days but it took weeks for the numbness and tingling and the pain (while pulling the trigger) to go away. I shoot it well but I still wouldn't call the trigger comfortable. I generally prefer a wider trigger like Sigs and Kahrs.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I have minor thumb problems that get aggitated every once in a while when I shoot too much, but thats about it. Oh, and forearm soreness when I'm getting used to a big caliber.

Glock bite and slide bite get me with my G21. G17 never nicks me.

Grip suggestion. Buy a cheap bicycle inner tube. Cut it to size. (Remember it will stretch so cut it 3/4 of the actual size of the grip). Tube will cost you 5-7 bucks and you will have enough material to make 10-12 very serviceable grip covers.
    "Only the Sith deal in absolutes."

"My dog is smarter than your honor student."

Found this out at the range today. Put a bandaid on the webbing between the thumb and index finger before shooting.
    It keeps the flesh tight enough it won't squish up between the frame and hammer.
    In a self defense situation, I don't expect to fire enough rounds for to even to matter. (At least I hope not, I only carry 40 rounds)

Well, i tried to drop my hand lower on the grip (first with the pinky under the mag) but when the pinky was under the recoil hurt my pinky so I kept my hand JUST high enough to not drop my pinky under and that seemed to help quite a bit. I think I'm going to shoot like that from now on and see if it solves the problem. Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm also planning on buying a hogue grip too. :D
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Because of the pistol grip being shorter than the size of my hand, I once accidentally pinched the skin (no serious injury though) inside my pinky finger as I inserted the 7 rd. magazine into the magazine well of my S&W Model 457 .45 ACP pistol to reload a fresh mag during combat shooting practice at the outdoor range. Learning from that experience, I now avoid encircling my pinky around the end of the pistol grip to prevent it from happening again.

hurt my thumb

Quote Originally Posted by Darkincin View Post
    First time I shot my LCP, slashed my left thumb pretty good. I was using two hands to hold the gun, but now I realize that only one hand is necessary to shoot the LCP.
    I was shooting my Ruger 9mm and was holding it incorrectly and it took a good chunk out of my thumb and it hurts really bad. I was wondering if yours gained full feeling and function.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links