resurrecting the XD 45

This is a discussion on resurrecting the XD 45 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK...there will be plenty oppurtunity or all you chew me a new one for thinking Im prodigal gun smith, but I made the stupid decision ...

Thread: resurrecting the XD 45

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar

resurrecting the XD 45

OK...there will be plenty oppurtunity or all you chew me a new one for thinking Im prodigal gun smith, but I made the stupid decision to break my xd 45 down to the nuts and bolts, meaning taking the whole rear trigger assembly part in order to clean the gunk out that rem-oil cant get out. took me two days to figure out how to seat the hammer,extractor etc back in properly and it is now once again a functioning weapon. One problem though, I cant for the life of me figure out how the grip safety spring is supposed to sit back into the frame. I try it the way it looks in the manuel with angled end of the spring facing down, and it only locks the hammer back. I try it in the up position, and the grip safety doesnt function at all. I keep thinking that somehow the end of the spring is supposed to fit into the inner mechanics on the right side of the frame but I dont see any logical way that it could fit.

If there's any REAL gunsmiths out there that can give me some insight or best of all some kind of schematic of the xd that provides more detail than the owners manuel, it'd be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Contact
    Springer Precision, LLC
    60053 Minnetonka Ln
    Bend, OR 97702
    p. 541-480-5546
    f. 541-639-3682
    He is extremely knowledgeable and willing to help most folks out. He may have a video on his website that may help.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Links