Do-All White Wing Automatic Trap Thrower

This is a discussion on Do-All White Wing Automatic Trap Thrower within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Been thinking about one of these for a month or so and when Amazon's price dropped to $299 with free 2 day shipping it pushed ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stubborn

Thread: Do-All White Wing Automatic Trap Thrower

Do-All White Wing Automatic Trap Thrower

Been thinking about one of these for a month or so and when Amazon's price dropped to $299 with free 2 day shipping it pushed me over the edge and I bought one.

Put it together last night with my 3 year old son and took it out in the yard to try it out (couldn't shoot in my yard, but had to launch a clay to see how she did).

Initial impressions are very good, even my non-shooting wife smiled and said "Holy crap - OK, that's pretty sweet." The kids ended up retrieving the same clay 4 times, I thought that was pretty amazing too, thought for sure it would bust up on the second throw.

Hoping to get it to the range on Sunday to give it a workout.

Read more: Shotgunworld.com • View topic - Got my Do-All White Wing Yesterday!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    What you've started is about as addicting as crack. I got into shooting trap back in the seventies. It got to where I was shooting 200 to 300 rounds every weekend. Had to buy a Mec progressive reloader, Wore out two trap throwers, and literally shot the chokes out of my old double.
    Man, it was great. You're in for the time of your life, if you enjoy it just half as much as I did.

I kinda thought this might be coming, when I saw your posts, first about going to shoot trap one weekend, then the results of that weekend and going again, then buying a new shotgun. Good for you man.
    Thunder71 likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    it's definately a lot more fun than punching little holes in paper

Thanks, and I've already had to cut back... and I was 'only' going through 200 shells every 2 weeks, but that was shooting once a week. I always felt a little guilty because the kids would want to come along, now that I have this I can take them and show them what it's all about (range is only 1/4 mile from our home).

Another reason I got it is because my dad would really like to do some shooting but just can't make it down on trap night (hour drive one way). Now I can bring the trap up there when we visit and we can go shoot, or he can come down any time.

Should be a good fun...

Oh, next week I have an appointment to have my stock fitted with an adjustable comb... never ends. :)

Links