Defensive Carry banner

Wife's new Sig P238

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Paladin3840 
#1 ·
We took my brides new Sig P238 to the range today. What a great little gun! At 10 yards I was grouping in and around the bulls-eye from the first shot, and at 30 yards was less accurate, but still accounted for every shot on an 8" splatter. The wife shot it well and really loved the grip/feel in her hand. She's going to pocket carry this little jewel when she doesn't want to carry her purse with her Glock 26 in it.

Reactions: RR9501
#4 ·
Good for you and her. Not a bad day, especially when you get to shoot a new firearm!

My wife and I also went to the range today to "christen" her new Ruger LCR .357 magnum, so I know what you mean.

#6 ·
Give the Sig P-238 a thorough wringing out before trusting it. Reliability is spotty. Do a search here and on The High Road to get a detailed background on it.
Actually, I think your information may be a little out of date. The P238, like any new weapon, had teething problems. Sig worked the problems hard and has refined the pistol to the point that it's as reliable as anyone could wish. Any of the P238s with a build date of December, 2010 or later will have all the refinements Sig has added since the pistol's introduction and is a solid performer. We do nothing constructive by recycling old information. Enjoy your new weapon!

#9 ·
My buddy bought 2 about 3 weeks ago and they have been flawless,only downside is the thumb safety isn't ambidextrous,I reload 100 grain LRN 380 acp at around $5.00 100 and it was eating them like a fat kid with a bag of M&M's.I may end up with a 380 for a backup but probably won't be the 238

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.