Wife's new Sig P238

This is a discussion on Wife's new Sig P238 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We took my brides new Sig P238 to the range today. What a great little gun! At 10 yards I was grouping in and around ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imjustron

Thread: Wife's new Sig P238

Wife's new Sig P238

We took my brides new Sig P238 to the range today. What a great little gun! At 10 yards I was grouping in and around the bulls-eye from the first shot, and at 30 yards was less accurate, but still accounted for every shot on an 8" splatter. The wife shot it well and really loved the grip/feel in her hand. She's going to pocket carry this little jewel when she doesn't want to carry her purse with her Glock 26 in it.
    RR9501 likes this.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

2. Remove Ads

I like mine as well. It's a dandy.

My wife and I have a matched set we love. Soft sooters and acceptably accurate.

Good for you and her. Not a bad day, especially when you get to shoot a new firearm!

My wife and I also went to the range today to "christen" her new Ruger LCR .357 magnum, so I know what you mean.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Sig's P-Iffy

Give the Sig P-238 a thorough wringing out before trusting it. Reliability is spotty. Do a search here and on The High Road to get a detailed background on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    Give the Sig P-238 a thorough wringing out before trusting it. Reliability is spotty. Do a search here and on The High Road to get a detailed background on it.
    Actually, I think your information may be a little out of date. The P238, like any new weapon, had teething problems. Sig worked the problems hard and has refined the pistol to the point that it's as reliable as anyone could wish. Any of the P238s with a build date of December, 2010 or later will have all the refinements Sig has added since the pistol's introduction and is a solid performer. We do nothing constructive by recycling old information. Enjoy your new weapon!
    "The problem with trusting quotes on the internet is they're so hard to authenticate." - Benjamin Franklin

Wrong-o

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinLawyer View Post
    Actually, I think your information may be a little out of date. The P238, like any new weapon, had teething problems. Sig worked the problems hard and has refined the pistol to the point that it's as reliable as anyone could wish. Any of the P238s with a build date of December, 2010 or later will have all the refinements Sig has added since the pistol's introduction and is a solid performer. We do nothing constructive by recycling old information. Enjoy your new weapon!
    Not out of date at all unless you consider 3 months "out of date".

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Great little pistol from what I'm hearing,
    Call me crazy but I wish it had a grip saftey.

My buddy bought 2 about 3 weeks ago and they have been flawless,only downside is the thumb safety isn't ambidextrous,I reload 100 grain LRN 380 acp at around $5.00 100 and it was eating them like a fat kid with a bag of M&M's.I may end up with a 380 for a backup but probably won't be the 238
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Spent the day at the range with her new p238 and went through 250 rounds. The firearm had 1 malfunction that ended up being my fault (I did not seat the mag well enough) so the firearm had 249 flawless rounds.

If a lot of that 250 was carry ammo the gun is good to go!

All of it was federal FMJ. I am still on the fence on carrying FMJ are JHP in the thing.

Perhaps stick with FMJ until you can bite the $bullet$ and run some JHP's through it. Feed reliability is paramount.

Links