My Daughter made me proud today!!!

This is a discussion on My Daughter made me proud today!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My little girl made me proud today at the range. She’s 15 and has had her own bolt action .22 Savage since she was 10 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gunthorp

Thread: My Daughter made me proud today!!!

My little girl made me proud today at the range. She’s 15 and has had her own bolt action .22 Savage since she was 10 yo, she shoots my .40 every time we go shooting. Since I’ve started building my new long distance plan in the .308 Remington 700 5R Mil Spec she has been reluctant to shoot it.
    I asked her recently what she wanted her next weapon to be and she said basically some version of the CAR-15. So, today we went to the local outdoor range and rented a M&P 15 which she put a hundred rounds through and she really thinks we need one but she wanted to shoot the .308 
    After getting over the anxiety of it she settled in and began to do just fine. She shot two ten round mags. She’ll be a little sore but she is still grinning.
    What I love is she is telling me where in the bull she is hitting  Makes dad proud!

BTW, I’m getting a suppressor for the 5R before we get the Carbine.  

rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Can't wait my girl is only 2. Just a little early still, but she says daddy big gun when she sees my picture with my m249 :)

Even with all that comes with them, kids are fun!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Good Job... no better way to enjoy some quality time too. And, you are teaching them a "life-saving skill".
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

THAT is the good stuff. Hanging with Daddy at the range for an afternoon will last a lifetime, for the both of ya!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    At a Girl! Shooting is a great pastime no matter the gender!

Your earning your pay as a Dad!

VIP Member
    We could use a national "Take your daughter to the range" day. Nice.
    640girl likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I've yet to get my 8-year old daughter to actually shoot a real firearm. I've let her hold them and explain how the work, showed how the slide, magazine, etc, work. She always seems excited about shooting it, but when I've taken her to the range many times, but the noise is loud and she just wants to stay in the little glass-window room while I shoot. I have a goal that by the time she is 13 I want her to learn how to use a firearm, pepper spray, and some basic self-defense classes. I'd really like her to be learning that kind of thing right now, but all she cares about at this stage of her life is princesses, barbies, and all things pink.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Links