I got a cleaning kit.. need some help identifying some parts.
In the cleaning kit came several different kinds of things, most i believe... i can identify correctly. Please help with what I am unsure of. I know on the left is all the different size pushrods 17,22,30 and 12ga. BOTTOM right of the pushrods is obviously the cleaning bristles for different calibers.. used in conjunction with something like CLP or Hoppes.
1) the white wool mops above of the brass bristles. What are those used for? Im assuming after i use the brass brushes, that is the finishing "stroke" to clean the inside of the bore of any moisture?.. Help me out on that.
The "toothbrushes" are brass, stainless, and nylon. I know these help clean all the parts of the gun, like the slide, and in the reciever. However...
2) I dont know what the difference is with the brush types.. what each is for application wise, etc.
Under the toothbrushes, and to the right of the wool/brass brushes, there are 2 black brushes with loop handles. The only thing I can see on the box that relates to these is possibly "Breech and Choke cleaning brush"
3) What are the loop handles brushes for? The breech is the part where the ammunition comes into the barrel right? and the Choke would be the business end?
I know both boxes are patches of different sizes and am aware of what patches are for, and below those are the patch "holders" (in black)
Next issue is the things in the blue plastic peice. On the box it says "jags" but I truly cant figure out exactly what they are used for. They are calibered in assorted calibers from 17 to like .50 cal.
4) what are these "jags" used for?
Last but not least, Outside of the case, beside the bottom right latch. Two "handles" The T handle I believe rotates if its like the other rod I have. (Not a whole kit) But am confused about the Bullet style Handle ..(right of latch)
5) what is the "bullet style" handle used for? Why does the top come off of it like you can put something inside of it? (its sitting on the "top")
Yeah.. im a little embarrassed about posting this but If i dont ask I wont know. I'd rather be embarrassed and unexperienced with cleaning, than unexperienced and cleaning and doing things all wrong.:twak:
Thanks to all responses in advance.:congrats: