trouble w/ brand new Bersa .380 CC

This is a discussion on trouble w/ brand new Bersa .380 CC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi Everybody! I took a day of vacation today and ran down to Columbus (1 hr away) to purchase a Bersa .380 CC stainless model. ...

Thread: trouble w/ brand new Bersa .380 CC

Angry trouble w/ brand new Bersa .380 CC

Hi Everybody!

I took a day of vacation today and ran down to Columbus (1 hr away) to purchase a Bersa .380 CC stainless model. I'd heard nothing but good from folks on this site about the Bersa Thunder Line in general.

I got home later this evening, pulled it out and wiped the excess oil from the frame and discovered that (magazine in or out) the trigger 'stuck' and did not return to its 'normal' state. I'd have to use the front of my trigger finger to push it back into position. The key posistion was on "F".

Next time perhaps I should open it and run it through its paces before I leave, huh? Live and hard-lesson learned.

Has anybody else expierienced this or can diagnose the problem? I'm gonna call the dealer first thing in the morning. Maybe I got a lemon.

Thanks,
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Eric - I am surprised to hear of this.

I am one of many to praise the Bersa - and I know folks would not be saying good things if they had not found them true.

I hope very much it is something that can be easily fixed or you get a replacement. Indeed I think you were unlucky to say the least.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Is it maybe rubbing on the grip on the right hand side?

It does touch it and maybe the grip is not in the right place. Just a thought. I'm looking at mine now.

VIP Member
    Eric, I too sing the praises of Bersa. My wife and I have had three and currently have two. She has a .380 and an Ultra Compact 9mm. I had a .380 as well, but couldn't resist making money on it. The only problem we have had with any of them is the safety/decocker on the wife's .380. It is stiff and this is a known problem. A repair center will fix it under warranty. Now that I have gotten her another mag for her UC9 she is carrying it and the .380 will go to repair to get the stiff safety/decocker corrected.

Sorry you are having problems with yours. Bersa stands behind its products and getting it fixed should be no problem. Unfortunately, you still have to have it fixed. Wish I knew something about how to solve the problem.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Might just need cleaning. "New" guns sit around with lots of oil on them, which attracts dust and gunk.

Might also not be put together quite right, either from the factory or from some "expert" behind the counter.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Take the right side grip off and see if the problem persists.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Never heard of this problem, either. Your problem is probably under the right side grip. You'll see the trigger "arm" going behind the grip. Remove the grip and you'll probably be able to see what's the problem.

Also, make sure the safety lock (key) on the left side is completely unlocked. They usually ship locked. The problem might be that it is partially locked and allowing the trigger to pull, then not letting it return. That's my bet
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Always, Always, inspect a pistol before you purchase. Let the guy know you are serious and will buy today, but you need to inspect it. If they say No run. However, don't monkey around with it, take it back. You spent good hard earned money for it take it back and get a new one.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion
    Always, Always, inspect a pistol before you purchase. Let the guy know you are serious and will buy today, but you need to inspect it. If they say No run. However, don't monkey around with it, take it back. You spent good hard earned money for it take it back and get a new one.
    Thanks for all the replies!

Although Columbus is only an hour from home, I hadn't expected to be able to get back down until at least next weekend. Anyway, I called the dealer and was able to go down Friday night.

It turns out (this was merely by a salesman visualization) that it was diagnosed as a busted trigger spring. A small piece (1mm?) of wire could be seen hanging from the top of the frame over the trigger.

Good news / bad news: I was going to merely exchange, but they had no new ones. The only one that they could offer was the display model. The salesman didn't know since they were on sale whether the manager would take an additional amount off since it was on 'display'. I said "no" about purchasing the display model (spoiler alert: I'm going to post this on an additional thread - do you see any problems with purchasing a display model?), and got my money back.

Rest assured that I plan on buying a different Bersa CC in the near future and my dad (despite this) plans on buying one as well.
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Personaly i would have wanted about a $25 discount on the display , It is hurt in no way and has the same warrenty , just its been handled a bit , and may have a scratch or two due to that . I also would have taken the 25 in ammo or leather to ease the pain to the shop lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Links