F/F: Obama implicates Holder in a BIG FAT LIE!

This is a discussion on F/F: Obama implicates Holder in a BIG FAT LIE! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama Talked About "Fast & Furious" Months Before Holder Claimed He Knew | RealClearPolitics Obama said in an interview that Holder knew nothing about "gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: F/F: Obama implicates Holder in a BIG FAT LIE!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

F/F: Obama implicates Holder in a BIG FAT LIE!

Obama Talked About "Fast & Furious" Months Before Holder Claimed He Knew | RealClearPolitics

Obama said in an interview that Holder knew nothing about "gun walking", two months before Holder denied previous knowledge of the operation!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    All politics aside, If the US Attorney General (normally a close and trusted allie and advisor to the president) is so out of touch with major affairs and activities of the U.S. Department of Justice BATFE (Fast and Furious was common knowledge to the media and other interested parties), he must be considered ill suited for his position and should either step down or be fired by Obama for ignorance and incompetency.
    phreddy likes this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Does this remind anyone else of Oliver North and the Iran Contra affair?

here is what will happen:

Holder will resign

Obama will appoint him to a federal appeals judge position

life will go on

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Does this remind anyone else of Oliver North and the Iran Contra affair?
    That was then. This is now. Dredging up Iran/Contra doesn't address this much more egregious debacle, the purpose of which was to undermine the Second Amendment.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Holder will not last through the election cycle. He is dead weight and will be jettisoned.

What happens to him after, remains to be seen.

(IBTL)
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Maybe everybody will forget about Fast & Furious now that the Obomb has just sent troops to UGANDA in the interest of our national security...of course.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    That was then. This is now. Dredging up Iran/Contra doesn't address this much more egregious debacle, the purpose of which was to undermine the Second Amendment.
    First off, I realize that Obama has few friends on this forum. My point was that corruption and cover up, even involving the president, is nothing new and even the Republican God (Reagan) was just as bad and just as corrupt.

As far as the claim that this was an attempt to undermine the 2nd amendment, please explain. After reading your post, I did some Google searching and aside from seeing this claim stated without evidence in a bunch of right wing rags, I can find little to support the notion. It is no secret that Obama is a proponent of the "assault weapon ban" which I will say is far too encompassing and vague in its wording to be considered acceptable legislation.

While I am adamantly opposed to weapon restrictions, I would prefer to argue from a position of knowledge and facts instead of FUD and the connection seems to be circumstantial. I am not saying you are incorrect, just that I would like to see actual data.

First off, I realize that Obama has few friends on this forum. My point was that corruption and cover up, even involving the president, is nothing new and even the Republican God (Reagan) was just as bad and just as corrupt.

As far as the claim that this was an attempt to undermine the 2nd amendment, please explain. After reading your post, I did some Google searching and aside from seeing this claim stated without evidence in a bunch of right wing rags, I can find little to support the notion. It is no secret that Obama is a proponent of the "assault weapon ban" which I will say is far too encompassing and vague in its wording to be considered acceptable legislation.

While I am adamantly opposed to weapon restrictions, I would prefer to argue from a position of knowledge and facts instead of FUD and the connection seems to be circumstantial. I am not saying you are incorrect, just that I would like to see actual data.

The evil kindergarten class that is this presidential administration just isn't going to come out and show you any actual data. The fact that subpoenas have been issued to compel the administration to reveal its involvement in the matter indicates that it won't willingly cooperate to show us any "actual data." It isn't difficult to play "connect the dots" though.

How about the Secretary of State's remarks? She's a member of this evil-kindergarten-class of an administration.

Clinton Says U.S. Feeds Mexico Drug Trade - NYTimes.com

"“Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade,” Mrs. Clinton said, using unusually blunt language. “Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.”"

Our inability to prevent? The antonym "allow" is more to the point. This link to a time-line on gunrunning by our own government shows ample ability to allow.
    Gun-Running Timeline: How DOJ
    Pay particular attention to that December 14, 2010 date. Reflect on it a moment and allow it to soak in.

The president alluded to working "under the radar" for gun control a few months back. It surfaced in the following link.

Over a barrel? Meet White House gun policy adviser Steve Croley - The Washington Post

"During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.
    I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.” "

What does "under the radar" mean? Was Brian Terry's life senselessly wasted by a few processes "under the radar?"

Trying to muddy the waters by squawking "Iran/Contra" is only an attempt to deflect attention from the current evil assailing our nation. Two wrongs don't make a right. It is no defense to say: "Well, Tommy stole one yesterday" when one gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Motive also plays a part. Attempting to release hostages and positively influence American interests abroad is laudable. Underhanded methods to accomplish those goals are still wrong and can't be justified. Whether Ronald Reagan was directly involved is debatable but such a debate is meaningless in the here and now.

What was the motive for implausibly introducing large quantities of firearms into the criminal environment that Mexico currently represents?
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

As far as the claim that this was an attempt to undermine the 2nd amendment, please explain.
    I have heard stories from people who live or have lived in Illinois that whenever serious talk of Concealed Carry would come up in IL Legislature there would be a sudden outbreak of armed robberies in Springfield. Common opinion was that Daley was sending cronies down from Chicago to stir things up.

Think about this.

Could 'Fast and Furious' have been a Chicago style plot on an International scale ?

VIP Member
    The way I see things, the White house (Obama) and his pal the US Attorney general (Holder) are both lying to the general public. ATF Project Gunrunner began back in in 2005-2006. Its offshoot, Fast and Furious was initiated in 2009. Holder knew of this initiative and even delivered a Justice Department prepared speech to Mexican Government officials in April of 2009.

DOJ Press Release - Remarks As Prepared For Delivery By Attorney General Eric Holder At The Mexico / United States Arms Trafficking Conference

So far, the only fall guy has been the BATFE director. He was replaced by Holder crony B. Todd Jones who quickly swept the ATF Bureau and installed new staff ostensibly more loyal to Holder and less prone to whistle blowing.

ATF Press Release -

The sole reason for project Fast and Furious was to make things appear that Obama was doing something about the drug cartels. Fast and Furious was a ridiculous ATF setup probably orderd by the white house via Holder.

The fact is the cartels buy few if any guns as straw purchases. They don't need to. They have the money and resources to obtain as many guns as they need directly from sources anywhere in the world including the Mexican Military.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    As the OP let me remind everyone to keep this apolitical.

The POTUS has said he fully supports the AG in this issue. With the AG going further down the drainhole every day, POTUS has a dilemma. Do you fire one that you fully support? Even ask for a resignation? Do you dig your hole even deeper, further trying to cover-up? This is getting very interesting. Once the AG, or any high level govt wonk, is exposed to have gone way off the farm on this one, and critical mass is finally reached in public outrage, how do you defend fully supporting the AG?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

The POTUS has said he fully supports the AG in this issue. With the AG going further down the drainhole every day, POTUS has a dilemma. Do you fire one that you fully support? Even ask for a resignation? Do you dig your hole even deeper, further trying to cover-up? This is getting very interesting. Once the AG, or any high level govt wonk, is exposed to have gone way off the farm on this one, and critical mass is finally reached in public outrage, how do you defend fully supporting the AG?
    Apolitical yeah right...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

In order to kill a dangeruous snake, you must cut off his head....
    - Zen Saying

Isaw something else about fast and furious,something about an individual buying components to make hand grenades and shipping across the border where they were then assembled
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links