Trading in question - Page 2

Trading in question

This is a discussion on Trading in question within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Save up the money to buy what you want. Keep the LCR; you'll be glad you did....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trading in question

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Save up the money to buy what you want. Keep the LCR; you'll be glad you did.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I think you'l be looking at close to 300.00 to 320.00 in trade for your gun. they'll probably put it out for 375.00 based on a 25% markup.
    With that in mind, I would take a credit for your gun, then wait until a great looking USED gun that you've been looking for comes into the shop. basically, I never buy new, as I see more customers buy a new gun, and then trade it back in, with very low, or even unfired condition, for the gun they can't live without.
    I recently found a Kimber Compact Custom 45 (4 inch BBL on a Officer's frame) for $500.00 that came with case, papers, and 2 extra mags. ( I got it for 450.00 with my employee discount)
    This being said, is where you pick up the money lost for your original purchase. It doesn't always work for everybody, because not everyone wants a used gun, but it's a serious consideration. Just my .02 worth, and hope you work it out in your own mind.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thanks everybody. Very useful information. After thinking about it some more, I really think I'm just going to hold on to it. I've been eying an m&p9c or xdm compact, but it can't hurt to have the LCR as well.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    It can make a difference if you're trading it vs. selling it, but for that to work in your favor you need to be able to negotiate well. Otherwise, you're just going to give up a lot of value.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Inherited from FIL a 4" nickel .357 Colt Python [1969] which was way more gun than I needed.

Inquired at 2 local gun stores and best offer was $425.

Looked on 'Gunbroker' and they were selling north of $1200.

Took it to gun show and sold it FTF with holster and box of ammo for $900.

Saw it later on a Dealers table marked for $1,300.

Used the $ to buy a EOTech 512 and Walther P99.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links