Defensive Carry banner

Next Gun Purchase Choice Help

839 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  zonker1986 
#1 ·
I'm about to come into a little gun money and wanted to get some advice on what you guys think a good direction might be? I'm actually pretty covered as far as practical guns go. I have a converted Saiga for a carbine. A Marlin 1894 in .357 for a woods rifle, and 870 for home defense, a 3" SP101 for EDC, and a CZ75 as a larger handgun. I feel as though I have my practical bases covered. Now I want to move into something more fun. I cant decide between an AR, a tricked 10/22 or perhaps a really nice bolt action, maybe even an SPR AR, M1A?

What do you guys dabble in for fun or enjoy the most?

#2 ·
If I were buying a "fun" gun. It would definitely be a M1A. I will own one someday, just hope I'll still be young enough to shoot it!! :embarassed:

#7 ·
10/22 is super fun. Get a threaded barrel for a can, some sub-sonic rounds and you hear nothing but the bolt. You can plink all day with it for CHEAP. If you have a range that lets you, put empty soda cans out see how high you can get them into the air. Plus with all the after market goodies you can get for an off-the shelf 10/22 the upgrading is just as fun as shooting it.

Mike

#8 ·
Yeah. A good .22 you can play with, and make it what you want at the moment. Lots of fun, cheap plinking. I got a Savage model 64 in late March, and it's been a wonderful gun. The only problem I really have with it is that there are no magazines larger than 10rd available.

Or, a good .410 you can use to make the house 'safer'. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.