Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice?

This is a discussion on Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've used it without problem in my .45 ACP. I like it....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice?

I've used it without problem in my .45 ACP. I like it.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

2. Remove Ads

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkR View Post
    I purchased and used some in .223 this past weekend. It ran fine in my AR carbine. It did seem to recoil a little softer than 5.56mm PPU I was using also. I've read before that it maybe a little under powered vs. 5.56, but have no real evidence to support that.
    Of course it's going to be underpowered, because it's supposed to be. 5.56 will ALWAYS be more powerful than .223.

Yeah I understand that - I should have been clearer - to me, it seemed that the PMC .223 was "softer" than other .223 that I've used in my rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    I personally have used PMC FMJ as my target ammo for my handguns and as my target/defense ammo for my AR-15 rifle and never had any reliability problems with it.

Administrator
    It's been a while but, in the past I've shot up lots of PMC in .45 acp. Never had a problem with it.

I've used PMC for .45, 9mm, and 5.56 and never had any problems. It tends to leave a bit more residue than say...blazer brass or something but it's not bad at all. I ran it in my .45 for a class some time back and burned almost a half-case in a day with no cleaning until the end of the day and it didn't give me any problems.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Have not used PMC handgun ammo but I really like their .223/5.56 ammo-especially the XTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by chjtoken View Post
    I have used PMC in several different configurations - 9MM, 38SPL, 45ACP and 5.56 and never had a problem with any of it. Good buy for the $ for target practice. The only thing I don't like is that it is not US made.
    Same here with several thousand rounds through the guns. I find their FMJ/FP 165 gr. in .40 S&W works very well and would not call it under powered!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

I don't see it much in my area but I haven't looked for it. I have used it in the past because it was less expensive than some other brands. Never had a problem with it. Usedit in 9mm and .38SPL. No hesitation to buy it when availabe.
    USN Retired

I ran three boxes through my M&P 9c and one box through my S&W 638 this am and had no problems at all. Good stuff as far as I'm concerned.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    No issues for me in either .45 ACP or .40 S&W. American or not, I'm glad to find any factory ammo at reasonable prices!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    PMC FMJs are also my preferred brand of reserve ammo for my handguns and my AR-15 rifle, although I mainly use Remington Golden Sabers HPJs on both my .40 and .45 pistols.

I use there .223 for 3 gun and have no problem with it and very accurate out to 200 meters!

I use this 85% of the time with no problems at all! Great ammo with very high manufacturing standards! PMC made/makes ammo for their military. They also manufacture all their raw materials! Good stuff!

Distinguished Member
    We've shot thousands of rounds in various calibers (.380, 9mm, .40, .45, 5.56mm) and I don't recall a single failure of any kind.
    As already mentioned, it's not the cleanest burning, but it's still better than most. The 5.56mm XTAC rounds are hot and fast and are my favorite... after the Federal / Lake City stuff of course.

PMC is quality ammo (even if it's not manufactured in the US)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links