Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice?

This is a discussion on Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So far I have only used PMC's fmj rounds for target practice with my .40 cal. I have shot 150rds through it so far and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice?

Any opinion on PMC ammo for target practice?

So far I have only used PMC's fmj rounds for target practice with my .40 cal. I have shot 150rds through it so far and have not had one single issue. Every round has fed, fired, and ejected properly. Does anyone else have any experience with their ammo? Seems pretty great so far. I have bought the 50rd boxes at big r and they sell for $20 there. So thats $0.40 per round, doesn't seem to bad to me.

opinions?
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

2. Remove Ads

I have used PMC in several different configurations - 9MM, 38SPL, 45ACP and 5.56 and never had a problem with any of it. Good buy for the $ for target practice. The only thing I don't like is that it is not US made.
    jem102, Eagleks and DaGunny like this.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    PMC makes great ammo.

I went through a bulk order of PMC 45ACP a couple years ago and it had no issues with it using my old 1911 and Taurus Mil Pro. The powder burns dirtier than the domestic stuff but not as bad as Wolf or Tula.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Never had anything but steller performance from PMC.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Never had any misfeeds or misfires with .45 or 5.56, but it's far from the cleanest-shooting stuff out there. Accuracy is acceptable.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The dabs I've used over the years seemed enthusiastically robust when fired, especially their .22 Long Rifle ammo and some did chronograph to yield velocities a bit higher than most other brands. Don't know recall details and don't have my notes at hand.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Have gone through several thousand rounds of 9mm, 5.56 and .45. Nothing but good comments.
    jem102 likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

RKM
    I shoot PMC in .45 and .223 I can't say I've never had a problem. I had ONE misfire in .45 which was no big deal. I still buy it and still shoot it often.

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    It works okay- some is pretty hot. Very dirty however.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Administrator
    I shoot PMC all the time. It dings the steel and put holes in paper just fine.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I don't run it all the time but I've probably shot a few hundred rounds in different calibers and it always works. I even have a few boxes of hollow points, not because they are amazing but because at my LGS it's like 10 bucks for a box, so what the heck.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

VIP Member
    No problems when I've used PMC ammo. It does tend to be dirtier than some other brands, but I don't consider that a problem since the gun gets cleaned after shooting.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I used it alot a while back but dont seem to see it much around where I live now plus I reload for target. Never had a problem with it though.

I purchased and used some in .223 this past weekend. It ran fine in my AR carbine. It did seem to recoil a little softer than 5.56mm PPU I was using also. I've read before that it maybe a little under powered vs. 5.56, but have no real evidence to support that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links