It's been a productive year so far! New guns!!!

This is a discussion on It's been a productive year so far! New guns!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So for 2011, my goal was to really build my TEOTWAWKI AR. So far that hasn't happened one iota. (I do own a stock A2) ...

Thread: It's been a productive year so far! New guns!!!

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar

So for 2011, my goal was to really build my TEOTWAWKI AR. So far that hasn't happened one iota. (I do own a stock A2) Here's what HAS happened though:

Had a friend who needed to pay some bills sell me his 1961 Savage Model 24 over/under. .22 mag top barrel, .410 bottom barrel. Wonderful varmint hunting gun.

Bought a Mosin Nagant 91/30 because Cabela's was selling them cheap. FUN to shoot!

In honor of my first elk hunt, had my hunting mentor give me a SWEET 1980 Marlin lever action .30-30. Beautiful gun, and brand new never fired condition.

Had a deacon from our church give my son a Ruger 10/22 that needs cleaning up, but hey my son loves it. :) It has both the wood stock (pretty beat up) and the synthetic pistol grip model with the folding stock.

Same guy gave me an AWESOME 1988 Ruger Super Single Six with both the .22lr and .22 mag cylinders. (pretty gun...)

And today, to top it off, I had a friend who wants to fund another project sell me his Taurus model 44 .44mag revolver. It has had 30 rounds through it, immaculate. And he let me practically steal it from him.

So the safe is a whole lot more full, though I still haven't gotten my AR built. Think I should still pursue that and try to slip it past my wife?
    Last edited by MinistrMalic; October 19th, 2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling error!
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Well, if I'd had a year like that I'd be afraid I'd wake up!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Sponsored Links