Defensive Carry banner

Which one to get

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  killingjoke 
#1 ·
There's is a great gun shop not too far that gets L.E.O. gun trade in's. A sig 220 for $389.00 or a Glock 23 around the same price. I have a xd 9mm Tactical now for work. Armed security officer. Looking to switch to 45 0r 40 cal. Not new to guns but not old to know more than I should. advise needed or I could just flip a coin,LOL

#5 ·
The Sig is by far a better deal. You could probably buy one, and then flip it if you wanted to get a brand new Glock.

Look at the MSRP between a new 220, and a new 23.

#9 ·
The SIG looks like the better deal because of price and in my view it is the superior pistol. I'd be willing to own the SIG.

#10 ·
Two great pistols (for sure) but, I'd opt for the 220. Super reliable. Great ergonomics. Both pistols feed and function incredibly well.
The SIG would be the better deal. You'll really like the 220 as a duty firearm, it's hard to beat.
For extra magazines go with MecGar.

#13 ·
You know I thought that at first because the Sig is the better value. Then I remembered a guy who told me "if you buy for price then you'll buy twice". I know the Sig is bombproof but so is the Glock. I think he should just buy the one that he likes best and shoot the crap out of it.

#15 ·
The Sig and the 220 are great guns. The 220 for your work would be my choice.

#17 ·
Most of our LEO in my area (Cabell Co.WV) have gone with the Sig Sauer pistols and away from Glock.

The Sig would make a fine choice, but Glock is still good too. I believe the Sig would be the better deal though.

#18 ·
If for some reason I got "stupid",and bought something else in the line of handgun's,the Sig 220 ,as long as it is the german model,would be my choice.

#21 ·
Regardless of the perceived value of the two, see if you can shoot both and decide based on that experience. There is plenty of difference between the two weapons that one is going to "feel" better in your and hand and point/shoot more naturally.

#22 ·
I want to thank you all for your valued input.I'm really leaning towards the sig. I have owned a glock befor in 1996 so I have put about 800 or more rounds down the pipe. Here's a thought, maybe trade my xd for the sig and buy the glock and I'll have the best of both.

#23 ·
If you can swing it and want to get rid of the XD that would be a good solution. That way you could set each up on a duty rig and use one for a spare should the other need to go in for repair. When I did private security I had several spare duty weapons ready to go should one need to be in the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.