Combat Handguns magazine coming trashed

This is a discussion on Combat Handguns magazine coming trashed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, hopefully this is acceptable enough. Does anyone here subscribe to Combat Handguns and have a problem with the ...

Thread: Combat Handguns magazine coming trashed

Angry Combat Handguns magazine coming trashed

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this, hopefully this is acceptable enough.

Does anyone here subscribe to Combat Handguns and have a problem with the issues arriving in the mailbox all chewed up, sometimes pretty badly? I live in Colorado and I have to think that this damage is occuring somewhere unique to the path their magazines take to me that is different from any others.

I subscribe to a few different gun mags, and none of them come damaged except for CH, so I don't think it's an 'anti' postal worker in my local area or anything :) The damage looks somewhat mechanical, it's usually chewed up in a very similar way every month. Usually a big cut through the pages which then gets munged up by the corners folding; The cover is usually about to fall off and has lots of folds and knicks all over the edges as well.

I've complained to CH several times (every time an issue arrives) and they never reply but just send me out a replacement issue, which presumably takes a different path, because they always arrive intact.

But before I renew, I'm going to call them and try to figure out what is going on because if I have to keep requesting replacements every single time, what's the point?

I just wondered if anyone else has had similar experiences with this magazine because as I said, it seems to be completely unique to this magazine and where it is sent from.

2. Remove Ads

Contact your local postmaster and file a complaint through them. Tampering with the mail is still a Federal offense.

my 2 drachmas..

Mike in VA

Could be a anti-gun type, trying to mess with your mind. Im with
    SIGguy229 file a complaint.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

VIP Member
    Anytime you get mail that is damaged the first thing to do is file a complaint. Let the USPS determine what's happening. If they were doing their job you would receive the magazine in a plastic bag with an explanation of the damage.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Mine arrived last week in fine condition.

VIP Member
    My copies come to me in good shape too....I'd contact the postmaster in your area as well.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Mine arrived with two tears in the back cover. It's not the only magazine I get that's damaged - one or two issues a year of Bass Player also arrive torn or damaged.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Personaly i dont subscribe to any gun mags anymore , I get the same bs , and reviews of all the articles online without the adds . I can read the newspaper fine in the bathroom so i dont need the extra paper lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Probably a postal worker on the verge of going postal.

You know mine this month was REALLLY ate up. Thought it was just me!
    Mighty HD

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    SIGguy is right, file a formal complaint with the local Postmaster. If this does not work file a formal complaint with the Postal Inspector's Office. A similar thing occured to me about twenty years ago. My magazines were being delivered a month late if at all and in very bad shape. One had been left in a leaky trunk from the looks of it. the Inspector conducted an investigation and the magazines started arriving on time the following month. The letter carrier was assigned a new route, and not suspended or fired unfortunatly. Good luck.

Mine always arrive without a problem.

Could just be a sorter that is out of whack. Call in a complaint to the post master and they will put a trace on it to find out where/how the magazine is being damaged.

I had one a few years ago that always came trashed. I filed a complaint and it turned out that the paper that the magazine were using was not thick enough to make it through the sorter without damage.

IIRC, the magazine did change their paper after I am I'm guessing alot of others complained to them.

Links