Are death threats real?

Are death threats real?

This is a discussion on Are death threats real? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am following some of my favorite right wing wacko links. In one of them, some people in Occupy Portland are filing as a corporation ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are death threats real?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Are death threats real?

I am following some of my favorite right wing wacko links. In one of them, some people in Occupy Portland are filing as a corporation to protect their assets. (Hypocritical, I know, but not the purpose of this post.) The news article goes on to say that after filing, these people received death threats.

The demonstrator who filed the papers with the state said Wednesday she did so to protect the protest, and she has received death threats as a result.
    I know some death threats are real (gang retribution, etc.) but let's say you were part of an organization like this, did something like this and are now receiving death threats. Just how serious would you take them?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I would evaluate each independently based on all facts at that time.

An uber-liberal took my CRKT Crawford Falcon opening the foil on a bottle of wine as a threat to her once (we had a heated argument immediately prior to the wine opening) so I laughed hysterically and pocketed the knife. She was serious, in her own naive way. I now go out of my way to be solicitous to her, just to drive her bonkers.
    OD*, Bark'n and SIGguy229 like this.

I think these types make up the death threats just to get more media attention.

Their goal is to be in the spotlight 24/7 so their "message" gets across and their "demands" are met. After a couple of weeks of their protest, it seems as if people and the media are growing tired of it. Occupy people now have to come up with other ideas or resort to fabrications to get back on television.

I don't take these people serious at all because what they want is not going to happen. We have a similar group camped out in front of Chase Bank in Huntington, WV and it looks like a trash heap gone awry.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I take all death threats seriously. You cant afford to make a mistake. Never really know until it's too late. Much like sucide threats.
    msgt/ret and Hoganbeg like this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Excellent logical thinking.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    While I'm going to take any death threat seriously, I will also evaluate viability of it. A threat in the mail from a crack pot half way across the country has very little chance of being carried out. A threat spoken to my face is something totally different, and will have a much different response on my part.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Death threats aren't given in polite society.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Death threats aren't given in polite society.
    Welcome to the jungle.
    atctimmy likes this.

I would threaten to put extra cheese on their pizzas they ordered to clog their arteries over several years eventually ending in a slow painfull death
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

An uber-liberal took my CRKT Crawford Falcon opening the foil on a bottle of wine as a threat to her once (we had a heated argument immediately prior to the wine opening) so I laughed hysterically and pocketed the knife. She was serious, in her own naive way. I now go out of my way to be solicitous to her, just to drive her bonkers.
    No wonder. Your Swiss Army knife would have been the politically correct thing to use and even has a cork screw.

It could be all BS....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I had to fire a guy once and he lived two towns away from where I worked and lived. Suddenly, he started appearing in places in my town that my family and I were frequenting. This, and his strange behavior when we saw him coupled with his behavior at the time of the firing and the fact that the police were involved and he stood to lose everything made me very concerned. I talked to the police, but there was nothing that could be done at this point. Well, it just so happened that he showed up in a restaurant in town shortly after my family and I went in and were seated. This was during the time you could only Open Carry in Virginia in a place that served alcohol; so I had done the "Virginia Tuck" (tucking my shirt behind my holstered Ruger Police Service Six .357) upon entering. The guy came in and was seated where he could see me. I quietly told my daughter to throw something in the floor giving me an excuse to get up and get it. I did so in a manner that my strong side was visible and when I sat back down his eyes were as big as baseballs and his jaw was literally hanging open. He got up and left without even ordering and I never saw him again. Coincidence? Who knows.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

What are you going to do, really? There was a quote in Kill Bill vol 2 that sums it up...

"If she wants to start a fight with me, all she's got to do is come down to the club and start some (stuff), and we'll be in a fight."

If someone really wants you dead, a restraining order won't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    We have a similar group camped out in front of Chase Bank in Huntington, WV and it looks like a trash heap gone awry.
    I saw a local group at their campground and the ones I could see were wearing garbage bags. I thought well that's fitting. Looks like a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    What are you going to do, really? There was a quote in Kill Bill vol 2 that sums it up...

"If she wants to start a fight with me, all she's got to do is come down to the club and start some (stuff), and we'll be in a fight."

If someone really wants you dead, a restraining order won't do much.
    Maybe it wont stop them from trying, but a restrsaining order would go a long way in your defense if you use DPF in your to defend yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links