Defensive Carry banner

Shipping a handgun through UPS part #997

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Toorop 
#1 ·
This does get SO old but does anyone know chapter and verse where I can find out the UPS policy on handgun shipping? I called the nationwide info line and the girl, Mary, said "Yes. A NON FFL CN SEND A HANDGUN TO A FFL BY USING UPS 2ND DAY AIR." I get to the local UPS hub and guy tries to tell me "NO. HANDGUNS MUST BE SHIPPED NEXT DAY AIR."
We went 10 rounds and finally my sparkling personality:rofl: or my R.Lee Ermy Drill Instructor voice convinced him I was right. Does ANYONE have copy of the UPS policy i can bring in with me next time? Thanks

#2 ·
I can tell you that I've had lots of issues with UPS, the "in store" rules did not match the policy on-line and they wouldn't budge.

Now...that being said, you have to send it next day according to what's on the wesbsite:

UPS: Shipping Firearms
Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921,will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically, UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS Next Day Air Saver®. (Note: UPS Express CriticalSM Service is not available for firearms).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.