S&w M&p

This is a discussion on S&w M&p within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking at getting a S&W M&P .40 when I get back to the states in a few months. All the reviews I have ...

Thread: S&w M&p

S&w M&p

I am looking at getting a S&W M&P .40 when I get back to the states in a few months. All the reviews I have read on it have been favorable, and I like the changable handgrip feature. Also, from everything I have read, it is supossed to have a recoil more like a 9mm than a .40, in case my wife ever needs to shoot it. If anyone out there has one or has shot one I would appreciate any feedback that you might have. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Someone has just written up about their new one - so if you do a search you should find that and other threads hopefully.

Otherwise, hang on and some folks will post I expect.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    I dont have alot of experiance shooting one, but it was covered pretty recently here:

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=11836
    Fear No Evil.

Hello Mike.

I really like my M&P. It is everything you need in a combat handgun. While the recoil isn't bad, it could definately use some Hogue grips. It is more snappy than any 9mm I've ever fired though (G19, SA XD Service, and a Radom VIS P35 - think single action CZ-75 but made before WWII). That being said, the recoil is very manageable, but definately stiffer than a standard 9mm.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Thanks for the input. I am looking at getting it when I get home in Dec. From everything I have read, it looks like a nice gun. How easy is it for you to use as a CCW?
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

I don't have my CHL yet, so I have yet to actually take it out for a ride, so to speak. I have been looking for a carry rig for it. It has a thin enough profile to carry OWB with a good holster and a cover garment. I'm actually looking for a shoulder rig though.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Links