What happens when you pack it in - Page 2

What happens when you pack it in

This is a discussion on What happens when you pack it in within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have dealt with that in our home. With a collection that spans a couple generations. Two sons in the Army a daughter that shoots ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What happens when you pack it in

We have dealt with that in our home. With a collection that spans a couple generations. Two sons in the Army a daughter that shoots we knew it needed to get worked out.
    Knowing my children as I do I came up with a basic list of who gets what based on what they like and history with that firearm. Then sat down with them made some adjustments and put it in the will .
    We also adjust our will from time to time as life changes and we age. I have pasted some of the firearms on to them already then removed them from the will.
    In a prefect world I will have already pasted them all on before I die. Then no paper work on any of them.

I am in the same predicament as the OP. I have discussed this with my brother and his children. My wishes are that my firearms are to remain in the family to be passed down to their children.
    I have asked them if they can honor my wishes and if not to please tell me up front. I told them that I have friends with children who I know would cherish these firearms and keep them in their family if my own family would not.

I tried to not sound to callus when I told them that if the guns would be sold it should be me that gets the money and not them. I want them to be in the family a hundred years from now.

Michael

With 2 sons and Daughter that are all adults now we did it this way.
    We sat down and went over the list and split them up according to what each like and would like to have. I our case the sons are very different in the type fire arms the lean towards.
    The Daughter it seemed more of an attachment to the weapons history so the it was not hard to do. The list is part of the will and they each know where they are stored.
    You have no children so figure out who should have them put it in the will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links