Defensive Carry banner

Quick trigger question

560 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hiram25 
#1 ·
I'll be brief. I was out shooting a week or so ago and I brought out the LCP and shot a few rounds just to stay familiar with it. This is my second LCP and only has about 200 rounds through it with no problems at all. I was plinking away when all of a sudden I pulled the trigger and nothing happened, there was no resistance at all, the trigger had failed to reset. So I let the trigger out again after that initial pull and all of a sudden it resets like nothing happened and everything was fine. I decided to shoot a box of 50 just to see if it would do it again but it never did. Thoughts? Is this a potential problem or just an odd fluke?

#3 ·
This would be my first thought also, seeing as you're familiar with the weapon and have had no other malfunctions, I'd keep an eye on it for a few hundred more rounds and if it doesn't happen again, you've probably got your answer. I took my S&W .22 wheelgun out a couple of weeks ago and put over 500 rounds through it in one sitting and short-stroked 3 of them just because my trigger finger was getting tired (that's a lot of ammo fired DA for me at one time!)...anyway, wasn't the gun's fault, just a tired trigger-puller!:wink:

#4 ·
Oh, I thought this was the "Roy Rogers" thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.