Sparks flying with Wolf Military Classic 9mm ammo

This is a discussion on Sparks flying with Wolf Military Classic 9mm ammo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm shooting some Wolf 9mm at the range the other day and I notice sparks as the bullets are hitting the angled metal plate backstop. ...

Thread: Sparks flying with Wolf Military Classic 9mm ammo

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar

Sparks flying with Wolf Military Classic 9mm ammo

I'm shooting some Wolf 9mm at the range the other day and I notice sparks as the bullets are hitting the angled metal plate backstop. I look on Wolf's website and they call the bullet bi-metal so I checked a round with a magnet and it stuck. Is this a copper coated lead bullet with a steel core?

My question is if anyone has had an issue shooting this ammo in a Glock and their unique barrel rifling? I did not notice any issues after several 100 rounds.
    Proud NRA member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    I'm shooting some Wolf 9mm at the range the other day and I notice sparks as the bullets are hitting the angled metal plate backstop. I look on Wolf's website and they call the bullet bi-metal so I checked a round with a magnet and it stuck. Is this a copper coated lead bullet with a steel core?

My question is if anyone has had an issue shooting this ammo in a Glock and their unique barrel rifling? I did not notice any issues after several 100 rounds.
    Wolf = Bad

Yes, it is steel cored.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

I wouldn't say its bad, as long as the range permits it. As far as the barrel, there should be no problems either. It has a copper jacket. I use Tula, basically the same thing, in everything I own. Pistols and rifles. No premature wear or other issues.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Wolf = Bad

Yes, it is steel cored.
    Other than the fact that it is dirtier than a lot of other brands, I don't know what is "bad" about it. I've used it in many guns without problems.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have not used Wolf, yet. I have used Tula Ammo in my Mosin-Nagant with no problem.

As for pistol ammo, I have not used any Wolf or Tula but may try it just to see if it even works. It is inexpensive, I have seen 9mm at Wally World in my area for $9 a box of 50 rounds.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I dont think there is inherently anything bad about Wolf or Tula. I do think there is alot of hype about premature extractor wear from the steel cases. But if this is true, for the money you save practicing with it you can buy a ******* lot of extractors.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links