Hits On Target - Page 2

Hits On Target

This is a discussion on Hits On Target within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by odeaar Work on your double-tap! Maybe half a second. Originally Posted by atctimmy Clearly you have never actually done this with a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hits On Target

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by odeaar View Post
    Work on your double-tap! Maybe half a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Clearly you have never actually done this with a timer.
    More likely is that odeaar is not presenting from the holster/concealment. .5 second from even low-ready is conceivable, but not from a concealment holster.

To the OP:

To answer your question, I have to say, just as fast as you can. I don't mean that as a joke. We are all on a different level of expertise, and even the most skilled of us is (or should be) trying to improve. The BGs won't be out there with a timer judging you, they will be trying to kill you.

Just never be satisfied with a number. If you can do it in 3 seconds and it saves your life, then that is an acceptable time. Would 2 seconds or 1.5 seconds be better? Sure. Does that mean that the slower person should just hang it up and rollover just because they can't hit the 1.5 second mark? No way! Fight! Fight to the best of your ability on any given day, whether that is a 3 second day or a 2 second day.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 9 Micky Mouse View Post
    Two hits to the thoracic cavity from concealment 5yds. What do you think a reasonable time is to get two hits on target?
    I can get three hits at 5 yards from a concealed holster at 4 O'Clock to COM while moving quickly in any direction in under 1.9 seconds. So, I think a reasonable time for me at my current level of training is to get two hits in under 1.7 seconds.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Simply put, you have the rest of your life to get enough accurate shots on target.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links