Defensive Carry banner

More anti-gun stoopidity. CSHV calls HR822 dangerous, enables domestic abusers

970 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  scott625 
#1 ·
Got this email from the enemy. I joined their FB group and asked why crossing state lines turns law abiding citizens into crazed killers. I do NOT expect a logical response.

Does anyone know which states allow "domestic abusers and sex offenders, and other dangerous people" to get carry permits? Perhaps the pressure should be put in their court where it belongs.

On another note, can the good Senator be turned around or was he a lost cause already?

Sen. Brown Responds to CSGV Ad, Will Vote "NO" on Dangerous NRA Bill

Dear Alan,

As you know, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (CSGV) has been pulling out all the stops to fight the latest extreme bill from the National Rifle Association (NRA)—H.R. 822, the "National Right-To-Carry Reciprocity Act." This dangerous legislation would force states to recognize other states' concealed handgun permits. States with strict screening standards for granting permits would be completely helpless to stop out-of-state domestic abusers, sex offenders, and other dangerous people from carrying loaded guns on their streets.

To stop the bill, CSGV has been pursuing a sophisticated lobbying strategy that involves putting pressure on key members of the Senate. On October 19, we placed a full-page ad in the Boston Globe urging Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) to protect victims of domestic violence by voting against National Right-to-Carry legislation. Brown was elected in 2010 with the help of the NRA, and we feared that he was prepared to do their bidding.

It was your support that helped us turn up the heat on Brown with our ad— and it worked like a charm! Last week, Sen. Brown sent a letter to Boston Mayor Tom Menino promising to vote "NO" on H.R. 822. The Senator joins law enforcement organizations, domestic violence prevention groups, and public safety advocates who are standing strong against the NRA, and we are very appreciative that he is willing to oppose such terrible legislation.

Getting Sen. Brown to break ranks with the NRA is a major milestone and would not have been possible without our dedicated supporters. But we're not stopping there! We already placed an ad in the Philadelphia Inquirer urging Senators Bob Casey and Pat Toomey (R-PA) to oppose H.R. 822.

In order to save lives, we will peel off the NRA's support one lawmaker at a time, and your gift today will help us keep doing this critical work.

Thank you so much,

Josh Horwitz
Executive Director

#2 ·
From his Wikipedia page:

Scott Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Brown supports strengthening Massachusetts sex offender penalties,[82] the death penalty,[70] the right to bear arms (with some restrictions such as licenses and background checks)...
In case you want to chit chat with the Senator:

Email Scott - Scott Brown

My email:

Senator, I just read an email from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (Formerly to Ban Handguns) gloating that they were able to turn an NRA backed legislator against HR822.
Sir, I ask you to reconsider your position. Do you really believe that there are pockets of dangerous concealed weapon permit holders out there? That states endanger their own citizens?
Any group will have a few zingers, but is statistically relevant that permit holders are much less likely to commit crimes.
Crimes committed by permit holders are an anomaly, not a trend. Please research this matter yourself and see where the truth lies.
Thank you,

#3 ·
Florida

License To Carry - Sun Sentinel

All the searches I have run, point to this article by the Florida Sun Sentinel. It's at least 3 years old.

More than 1,400 people who pleaded guilty or no contest to felonies but qualified because of a loophole in the law.

216 people with outstanding warrants, including a Tampa pizza deliveryman wanted since 2002 for fatally shooting a 15-year-old boy over a stolen order of chicken wings.

128 people with active domestic violence injunctions against them, including a Hallandale man who was ordered by a judge to stay away from his former son-in-law after pulling a handgun out of his pocket and telling the man: "I'll blow you away, you son of a b----."

Six registered sex offenders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.