Kudos to Mesa County CO sheriff's department

This is a discussion on Kudos to Mesa County CO sheriff's department within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Having recently moved to Colorado I went to the sheriff's department to apply for my CCW. When the lady behind the counter asked for if ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By F350
  • 1 Post By Black Knight

Thread: Kudos to Mesa County CO sheriff's department

Having recently moved to Colorado I went to the sheriff's department to apply for my CCW. When the lady behind the counter asked for if I had my CO DL I said I didn't and handed her a form the guy at the bank gave me when we opened our accounts with a stamp and his signature and said that would serve as proof of residency.

She asked why I didn't have my CO DL yet and I explained that in Missouri our CCW is tied directly to our DLs and as soon as I got my CO DL my CCW would no longer be valid and I wanted the CO CCW before getting the new DL. She said "Good idea" and as CO law simply states you have to show proof of handgun training within 10 years the certificate from getting my MO CCW was acceptable and she processed the application, took my finger prints, photo and check and I was on my way.

Two weeks later I got the phone call that my permit was ready to be picked up. I took the wife in to apply for hers when I picked up mine and the lady recognized me and as we slid the paperwork through the window she said "same documents as you used, it'll just be a minute".

No muss no fuss, friendly personnel, was a pleasant experience.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Don't you wish everything in life was so easy? Find out who the sheriff is and plan to vote when he runs again.
    canav844 likes this.

VIP Member
    Tell the sheriff that you plan to support his re-election campaign, because of the nice way the clerk (name) treated you and your wife.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Glad to hear things went smoothly for you. As others have said, make sure you give the Sheriff and Clerk a written thank you for their friendly service.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As others have said, make sure you give the Sheriff and Clerk a written thank you for their friendly service.
    Contact Us - Mesa County Sheriff's Department - Mesa County, Colorado

I already have sent a compliment, I found their web site and typed in our info on the online form and printed it out before going in and spent a little time looking things over. Only thing I don't like is entering the CCW info into state/national data bases but it is what it is.

Links