ATF Classifies Chore Boy Pot Scrubber Pads NFA Firearms

This is a discussion on ATF Classifies Chore Boy Pot Scrubber Pads NFA Firearms within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The three government agencies I would eliminate are BATFE, BATFE, and... uh... wait... hang on... um... Oh, yeah: BATFE!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: ATF Classifies Chore Boy Pot Scrubber Pads NFA Firearms

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The three government agencies I would eliminate are BATFE, BATFE, and... uh...

wait... hang on...

um...

Oh, yeah: BATFE!
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    BRAIN dead.
    Last edited by HotGuns; November 17th, 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: language workarond is a no-go.

Sooooo, people are no longer allowed to repair stuff they boughtt legally....

Wait, what???
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

GM
    I am speechless
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post

Wait, what???
    Never underestimate the creativity of the tax man. They don't give a hoot about possession of the repair material; they want a second shot (pun not intended) at collecting the tax.

Think of it like this. You buy a car and pay sales tax on it. You bring it in to get it repaired and you pay (in some states) sales tax on the replacement part and on the labor, and maybe on some supposed increased retail value of the vehicle at license plate renewal time. That's what's going on here; just coming up with inventive ways to scrape up a few 200 dollar donations.

Meanwhile, quick, bury that stuff from beneath the sink in your neighbor's yard.

Yeah, GM, I'm speechless too. Dare I admit that I replaced some insulation behind my shower three years ago; and hid a piece of it from prying eyes.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Senior Moderator
    Just to clarify...

people that owned a legal suppressor(meaning that they had the tax stamp) never could repair or replace any of it themselves.

It's always been that way. For the archaic designs out there that still use steel wool to stifle the sound, the ATF has added it to its list of prohibited materials so... in the event that you wanted to change out your old,ratty,filthy,burned out steel wool with some bright new shiny stuff, you would be in violation of the law if you did it without paying the 200 fee over. This means that if you were brought up on charges of illegal possession or repair that this is one of the items on the prohibited list, the same list that has a shoelace listed as a "machine gun" because someone used one to make a gun fire full auto.

Yeah...it sucks...but thats the way it is in the land of the Big Feds with the small minds.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links