Glock 19 Gen2 Internal Upgrade Opinions Needed

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen2 Internal Upgrade Opinions Needed within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a Glock 19 Gen2 that I bought new back 1995 and I happen to catch something about the 1992 "recall" and the serial ...

Thread: Glock 19 Gen2 Internal Upgrade Opinions Needed

Glock 19 Gen2 Internal Upgrade Opinions Needed

I have a Glock 19 Gen2 that I bought new back 1995 and I happen to catch something about the 1992 "recall" and the serial numbers it covered and mine
    according the list fell into it even though I didn't think it could I went ahead and called Glock to find out for sure.
    The rep said that there are no safety "upgrades" required but he offered to upgrade all internals to the latest. Not trying to start anything but after all the stuff floating around the internet about Gen 3 and 4 problems with recall springs and extractors I'm a little concerned about "introducing" a problem to a gun that has been problem free since I bought it. Kinda the mindset of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    This will be used as my CCW gun. At least was the plan until I started buying M&P's recently which was of course after ordering $140 worth of Crossbreed.
    Just looking for opinions on whether I should send it in for the "upgraded" internals.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

I don't know of any problems with Gen 3 19's. The only ones that I know "had" problems were the Gen 4's and that has been corrected by now. You are correct in that, what ain't broke, don't fix it. If your Gen 2 has no problems. Carry on!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I have had my Gen 2 since 89, and it needs nothing. If I were going to replace anything it would bethe connecter spring and guide rod and spring. Other than that, leave as is, unless you just want to send it to Glock and let them give it a check up. Either way is fine.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links