Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Yes, I own 1 gun

Votes: 9 5.0%
  • Yes, I own more than 1 gun

Votes: 169 93.4%

Who owns "A" gun?

3K views 38 replies 34 participants last post by  modernknight 
#1 ·
Was reading another thread about a woman trying to get her confiscated gun returned to her, which made me wonder how severe a blow it would be to the average member (as relates to their ability to defend themselves) if ONE firearm was confiscated/stolen/whatever.

This is completely a matter of idle curiosity to me, and specifics regarding your collection or lack of one are not important, though if you wish to list, or post pictures, by all means, post away.

#2 ·
I would replace any that came up missing.

#3 ·
Beware of the person with only one gun - they probably know how to use it!

Or something like that.

My bench is deep enough to handle a confiscation (or two, or ... well a few). I didn't start out collecting, nor do I consider myself a collector. I have a number of handguns that I bought and found to be somewhat lacking in some aspect. If lacking sufficiently, they are sold. If they fit into my self defense plan, they are retained.

I believe that everyone should have at least two carry pieces. All things mechanical can fail. What do you carry if your gun is visiting the 'smith? Ideally, you have two of the same model so you don't have to invest in multiple holsters. Training would also be consistent. Of course, there is something to be said for variety.

If I could only afford one gun, I would buy it and not worry. However, at my first opportunity, I would be looking for a second. If I saved enough for one, I should be able to save enough, over time, for a second.

#24 ·
Beware of the person with only one gun - they probably know how to use it!

Or something like that.
What about the person who owns three of the same gun? :blink:

And to answer the original question:

I own three Gen 3 Glock 19s, so I think I'm pretty covered. :smile:

#4 ·
You present a good argument to buy ANOTHER Glock 23.....lol.......

Don't shoot someone with any piece you cherish.

If you have logged your stable (serials, locations, etc.) and keep this info in two locations, this should never be an issue.

I would post pictures, but one: ImageShack has been crapping on me here lately in an effort to get me to pay. And two: It's hard to even get the family together for a group photo anymore.

#5 ·
haha...forgot to vote in my own poll...fixed that!

It's shaping up about as I expected so far...:smile:

#11 · (Edited)
I own 13 and if one was taken, I'd have another to take its place. I too, would want it back and would do everything I could to do it but I wouldn't be unarmed to protect my family or myself. I did start off with one and for a very short time I thought that was all I needed but we all know how that goes. 13 later and I'm still looking for the next :)

#13 ·
-
I own more than one, but would stretch the budget to replace a loss.

When I made my firearm purchases, it seemed prudent to at least have a back-up in case one was confiscated or stolen.

#15 ·
No..."absurd" I might give you, particularly as the poll is turning out just as I expected it would, considering the nature of the forum. Still, I find I'm frequently compelled to "validate" the obvious. :smile:

#26 ·
I have more then I technically need, enough that the wife says I don't need anymore, and not nearly all that I want. Also I'd be very upset to lose my favoritecarry gun after all the time it spent with the smith but at least I would still be able to carry soething comfortably.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.