New HP 4095TS try out

New HP 4095TS try out

This is a discussion on New HP 4095TS try out within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked up my new HP 4095TS this morning. When I got it home I attached the double mag holder I had ordered for it ...

Thread: New HP 4095TS try out

Talking New HP 4095TS try out

I picked up my new HP 4095TS this morning. When I got it home I attached the double mag holder I had ordered for it about a week ago. The gun, as all new guns, had that thick layer of gun oil all over to protect it during shipping. The first thing is to take the thing apart and clean it. The gun was very simple to take down, relube, and reassemble. I had bought 1000 round to take and shoot the carbine and my Sigma. I like to put alot of rounds through my guns for the first time I shoot it. Got to the range around noon, bought 5 or so targets to shoot. My first mistake as I found was I had bought black targets and aiming a gun that has black peep sights in poor lighting is not a great idea. Returned the rest and got white targets, world of difference. I loaded up 3 mags, locked on in palcepulled the charging handle and off I went. The first mag went all to quick. On these carbines a tool of some sort is required to push the mag release and remove the mag. I did not know this when I was first looking at the gun. I do not like this. Anyway, i went through another 10-15 mags and overall the gun performed very nice, no hang-ups, jams, or anything else just a good solid gun. Looked it over and continued with the rest. The carbines are what Hi-Point is known for. Some of their pistols are kind of hit or miss. I have been lucky I got a good C9 pistol as well. The indoor range I go to is 25 yards. I was able to make about a 3" group consistantly on all targets at that range. I definatly know why poeple get the red dot sights or the 4X scopes for this gun. The peep sights, at least at an indoor range don't really work that well. I put around 900 rounds thru the carbine today with out a hitch and 100 thru the Sigma just for the heck of it. Took both guns home and cleaned them again. Now they sit in the safe till 2 weeks from now when I go to the outdoor range, if it's not raining to exercise all the others and also do some skeet shooting to practice for a duck hunting trip in Jan. Overall I am very happy I got this gun and pleased it performed so well. I plan to get alot of use out of this, it is a very fun gun to shoot and would be very good for home protection if the 12ga was not handy.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    you shouldnt need a tool to depress the mag release
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector16 View Post
    I picked up my new HP 4095TS this morning. When I got it home I attached the double mag holder I had ordered for it about a week ago. The gun, as all new guns, had that thick layer of gun oil all over to protect it during shipping. The first thing is to take the thing apart and clean it. The gun was very simple to take down, relube, and reassemble. I had bought 1000 round to take and shoot the carbine and my Sigma. I like to put alot of rounds through my guns for the first time I shoot it. Got to the range around noon, bought 5 or so targets to shoot. My first mistake as I found was I had bought black targets and aiming a gun that has black peep sights in poor lighting is not a great idea. Returned the rest and got white targets, world of difference. I loaded up 3 mags, locked on in palcepulled the charging handle and off I went. The first mag went all to quick. On these carbines a tool of some sort is required to push the mag release and remove the mag. I did not know this when I was first looking at the gun. I do not like this. Anyway, i went through another 10-15 mags and overall the gun performed very nice, no hang-ups, jams, or anything else just a good solid gun. Looked it over and continued with the rest. The carbines are what Hi-Point is known for. Some of their pistols are kind of hit or miss. I have been lucky I got a good C9 pistol as well. The indoor range I go to is 25 yards. I was able to make about a 3" group consistantly on all targets at that range. I definatly know why poeple get the red dot sights or the 4X scopes for this gun. The peep sights, at least at an indoor range don't really work that well. I put around 900 rounds thru the carbine today with out a hitch and 100 thru the Sigma just for the heck of it. Took both guns home and cleaned them again. Now they sit in the safe till 2 weeks from now when I go to the outdoor range, if it's not raining to exercise all the others and also do some skeet shooting to practice for a duck hunting trip in Jan. Overall I am very happy I got this gun and pleased it performed so well. I plan to get alot of use out of this, it is a very fun gun to shoot and would be very good for home protection if the 12ga was not handy.
    Good gosh golley, now I am just going to have to run right out and snap me up on of those carbines; I'll order the mag release tool for this quality firearm at the same time. And I'll put a note on my front door informing all home invaders that they must wear white shirts or I won't let them in.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Glad you like it...but I would have to agree with the others who point out that you shouldn't need a tool to release the magazine. Might want to give HP a call and have that fixed. Otherwise, congrats on getting a gun you like!

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    I'll order the mag release tool for this quality firearm at the same time.
    I would hope so, Champ, unlike Delaware, California has something called the law for semi-auto centerfire rifles. The law is "California restricts the sale and possession of semi-automatic center fire rifles with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other specified features. California regulations, however, exclude magazines that require the use of a tool to be removed from being deemed “detachable magazines.” Our new California line departs from the standard rifles and shotguns of this type".

I bet you don't feel so high and mighty now do ya Champ. In word that even you can understand, Don't have it, U break law.
    This if with ALL high quality and even your lower quality rifles. So go on brew up some more and shove some ammo in the wrong gun there, CHAMP!

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector16 View Post
    I would hope so, Champ, unlike Delaware, California has something called the law for semi-auto centerfire rifles. The law is "California restricts the sale and possession of semi-automatic center fire rifles with the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and other specified features. California regulations, however, exclude magazines that require the use of a tool to be removed from being deemed “detachable magazines.” Our new California line departs from the standard rifles and shotguns of this type".

I bet you don't feel so high and mighty now do ya Champ. In word that even you can understand, Don't have it, U break law.
    This if with ALL high quality and even your lower quality rifles. So go on brew up some more and shove some ammo in the wrong gun there, CHAMP!
    Clever, very clever, did it take all day to write that puerile gibberish.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Links