Defensive Carry banner

Ok all you shotgun know it alls help me out here!!!!

671 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dustinmk4 
#1 ·
Ok so here is the deal. My grandpa is starting to divide up his gun collection an I'm looking at the list now trying to decide which one I want to pick and ran across this shotgun that I can't find ANYTHING about. Let see if you can help me out.

It is a T. Duvonkis or Duvonhis or something along those lines the k h i area is kind of hard to read but the Duvon part and the s at the end are pretty clear. It is a 20 ga double barrel and only has a 3 digit serial number so I'm thinking that not many were made? Unfortunately I don't have pics and haven't seen it just looking at the list and would like to know more upon going to look at stuff.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

#2 ·
Sorry can't help with its providence, but I am a lover of double guns! 20 gauge doubles most offten bring a premium over there 12 bore counter parts and are very much in demand these days.
It would be best to take it to a good shotgun smith & have it checked out.
Make sure the barrels are made of steel not "twist steel" or " damacus steel".
Make sure the chambers are at least 2 3/4 " in length.
Open the action then gently close it now try to wiggle the barrels if they wiggle it means the actionis gettting lose & that can cost some bucks to tighten up.
20 gauge doubles are great upland hunters just plain wonderfull! If it turns out you don't have a shooter then give the little double a place of honor over the fieplace!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.