Ok all you shotgun know it alls help me out here!!!!

This is a discussion on Ok all you shotgun know it alls help me out here!!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok so here is the deal. My grandpa is starting to divide up his gun collection an I'm looking at the list now trying to ...

Thread: Ok all you shotgun know it alls help me out here!!!!

Ok so here is the deal. My grandpa is starting to divide up his gun collection an I'm looking at the list now trying to decide which one I want to pick and ran across this shotgun that I can't find ANYTHING about. Let see if you can help me out.

It is a T. Duvonkis or Duvonhis or something along those lines the k h i area is kind of hard to read but the Duvon part and the s at the end are pretty clear. It is a 20 ga double barrel and only has a 3 digit serial number so I'm thinking that not many were made? Unfortunately I don't have pics and haven't seen it just looking at the list and would like to know more upon going to look at stuff.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Sorry can't help with its providence, but I am a lover of double guns! 20 gauge doubles most offten bring a premium over there 12 bore counter parts and are very much in demand these days.
    It would be best to take it to a good shotgun smith & have it checked out.
    Make sure the barrels are made of steel not "twist steel" or " damacus steel".
    Make sure the chambers are at least 2 3/4 " in length.
    Open the action then gently close it now try to wiggle the barrels if they wiggle it means the actionis gettting lose & that can cost some bucks to tighten up.
    20 gauge doubles are great upland hunters just plain wonderfull! If it turns out you don't have a shooter then give the little double a place of honor over the fieplace!

Thanks for the info. Knowing my grandpa and the types of guns he has I seriously doubt it has been or ever will be shot if I get it. I just can't find any info about it anywhere. Guess I'll keep searching.

Sponsored Links