I never thought I would ask this: - Page 2

I never thought I would ask this:

This is a discussion on I never thought I would ask this: within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I've decided what I'm going to do, I think. I am going to get one of these: http://www.impactguns.com/store/V-51PISTOL.html (please chime in with any pro's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I never thought I would ask this:

Well, I've decided what I'm going to do, I think. I am going to get one of these:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/V-51PISTOL.html

(please chime in with any pro's or con's you've heard about this pistol)

And put on one of these:

http://www.ssgknives.com/index.html?ShortBblRifles

(see the retractable stock, the V51 A3 configuration about midway on the page)

I'm going to do it myself instead of buying one off the shelf. I am paying 1,000 for the pistol, $200 for the Form 1, and $45 for the figure print cards from the Sheriff.

The stock I've found for $95.

It would look as if I am paying about $55 too much but that is the normal cost for transfers into the FFL's around here. The big thing is that I get to build it myself (well, putting on the stock) and creating an SBR.

I'll probably get over the excitement the first time I fire it (a .308! but it is heavy) but hey, I can say that I have a class III item (yeah, yeah, the ol' male ego mind thing I guess).

Anyway, it's something to do I guess. As for getting other pistols and such (the same old type) is that I have around 30 pistols of various makes and models, new and old, and around 20 rifles so I was/am looking for something different.

Wayne

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I think Kurt has one of those, wouldn't be my choice (I'd get a suppressed .22) but hey, enjoy your toys!

What a nice problem to have! If it were me with gun show season fast approaching, I would probably put it aside knowing that I will be soon faced with opportunities to buy many things on my wishlist!

I usually spend all spring and summer figuring out ways to make a few extra bucks for the gun shows, etc.

This year, I intend to start with a 1911 and an AR variant of some sort.

I was thinking of a surpressed .22 but I thought it would be kind of redundent.

.22's aren't that loud to start with (well, depending on the ammo you are using). If I was going to surpress something it would either be a .45 or something like that.

But, I may still get one later on :).

kastiron: I used to do extra jobs in the summer on the weekends (if we didn't have an exercise going) and by the end of the summer would have money to buy another.

Now, I've just too worn out at the end of the day and on the weekends to do two/three jobs again. I'm only 38 but the military, and myself (mostly myself), didn't take care of my body like we should have.

Oh, I understand that! Usually my gun stash comes from sack lunches instead of 10 dollar meals at the local restaurant.. Adds up fast!

I do a little odd telco wiring job here and there as well in new construction.

Good luck with that hand cannon! Wow, .308 in something that short HAS to have a bark!

I wouldnt do the Class III thing, I'd pick up a dream gun or two and trick them to the max. Or spend the money on attending some training. Thunder ranch, Front Sight, Lethal Force Institute, ESI, CSU.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Well, I've decided what I'm going to do, I think. I am going to get one of these:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/V-51PISTOL.html

(please chime in with any pro's or con's you've heard about this pistol)

And put on one of these:

http://www.ssgknives.com/index.html?ShortBblRifles

(see the retractable stock, the V51 A3 configuration about midway on the page)

Wayne
    Looks like a lot of fun. Let us know when you get it. You have to do a range report too.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Wayne, Wayne...........Wayne

Buy your safe,....and then.........get yourself a Roth IRA!!!! Invest for your retirement!! and still have your safe!!!! Gary
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links