Glock 31 Round Magazines

This is a discussion on Glock 31 Round Magazines within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Griffworks Had 5 failures to feed in which the slide locked back w/o a new round chambering, had 1 where the fresh ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 31 Round Magazines

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    Had 5 failures to feed in which the slide locked back w/o a new round chambering, had 1 where the fresh round stove-piped. Not sure what to make of the last, but definitely had issues.
    I bought some of the Schrere (spelling) mags for Glock .45 years ago. gave me nothing but trouble, finally replaced the springs with some Wolf +10 new springs and they work fine now, I only use them for practice. After buying the new springs, I would come out better just buying the origional Glock mags. I had the same problems you described above. These were the standard size Hi-cap mags that came with the pistol, not the longer mags, I have no experience with those.

I'll only buy factory mags from now on, what little you save isn't worth the headache. live and Learn.
    joker1 likes this.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

My slow-moving posterior finally got to the range today w/a former co-worker. I brought all three of my 31rnd mag's and fired them thru my Glock 22, Gen 4. Not a single issue when fired thru the G22. I took 300rnds w/me and loaded up all three mag's twice w/no FT Feed's at all. I'm guessing perhaps the issue was the G27's smaller mag well and/or barrel.

'Course now I'm down to just shy of 1k rounds of .40 S&W as I've only bought one box of 100rnds from a friend of m ine who no longer owns anything in that caliber.

BTW, talked to the gunsmith there about the Glock guiderod/recoil spring issue mentioned in another thread. He said that the issue was with the single-stage guide rod spring assembly, tho I think that it never hurts to keep checking my pistols. Sorta like how it doesn't really hurt to clean them after range time - even tho a lot of hard-core Glock-Heads will try and tell you that you only need to clean your Glock after about 1K to 2K rounds! That's just crazy talk, to me. At least, it goes against how my dad raised me where firearms are concerned - clean after every sessoins in which you ired that weapon.

So, looks like the issue might be related to the smaller pistols? Now I'm really curious how they handle in a Kel Tec Sub2000.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

I went shooting again on Monday w/a friend down in Hot Springs and fired thru all three of the 31rnd mag's. Only had one jam in the G-22 - a failure to feed properly.

The one cheap 15rnd KCI - Korean manufactured - mag jammed up on me this time twice, and twice on my last excursion. It has now been relegated to sitting empty and will shortly be marked For Range Use Only. Be good to use as a training mag for clearing malfunctions during shooting, but I won't even keep it as a backup mag and will be the first thing I'm willing to trade during the coming ZPAW.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links