Glock 31 Round Magazines

Glock 31 Round Magazines

This is a discussion on Glock 31 Round Magazines within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone ever bought and used the 31rnd aftermarket magazines for .40 S&W Glocks? I'm curious to know your thoughts, if so. I have a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 31 Round Magazines

Glock 31 Round Magazines

Has anyone ever bought and used the 31rnd aftermarket magazines for .40 S&W Glocks? I'm curious to know your thoughts, if so. I have a friend who purchased one and used it, firing from a G-23. He said:

Some trouble to report on the humungo-mag. First set of 31 bullets that went through it were great; no missfeeds or loading trouble. But the second time I used it, the bullets started catching in the magazine and nosing down, locking the action back as though the mag was empty. This happened at least three times and required that I remove the mag, snap the stuck round back into alignment, then replace the mag and close the breach again.

Maybe it needs more lubrication. Either way, it's a funny visual gag, but I wouldn't trust it in an actual live-fire situation.
    I also have a couple of these mag's, but have only loaded one and shot it. I'd rather not load the others as I'll trade them as never loaded if they're consistantly unreliable.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

VIP Member
    Such magazines are illegal in several jurisdictions. http://handgunlaw.us/documents/NoHiCapChemSpray.pdf

Wow, that was helpful... and germain to the topic.

Not!

Yes, I'm aware that hi-cap mag's aren't legal in some areas. They're quite legal in mine, however. As well as in the surrounding states.

Do you have anything at all remotely helpful to relate on the subject of experience with the magazines in question?

Pincels miss spel werds;

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffworks View Post
    Wow, that was helpful... and germain to the topic.

Not!

Yes, I'm aware that hi-cap mag's aren't legal in some areas. They're quite legal in mine, however. As well as in the surrounding states.

Do you have anything at all remotely helpful to relate on the subject of experience with the magazines in question?
    Precautionary can also be helpful, particularly in areas of interstate commerce.

I've never dealt with any aftermarket GLOCK magazines personally but the majority of magazine problems I hear about are with aftermarket magazines built for the GLOCK pistols. I have a 33 round GLOCK magazine for my 9's and it works flawlessly. I don't know if GLOCK makes the extreme hi-cap mags for .40 S&W but that would be the best way to go. If not I would only use the aftermarket magazines for range use.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    The Glock magazine is one of the reasons why the pistol is so reliable. That is one area where I would not skimp with an aftermarket brand. Extended round magazines work fine, just make sure they say "Glock" on the bottom.

i have a 22 round glock factory mag its great, i wouldnt carry it thats jut me personally, but its cool/fun to have at the rang or would be a great backup mag

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I've never dealt with any aftermarket GLOCK magazines personally but the majority of magazine problems I hear about are with aftermarket magazines built for the GLOCK pistols. I have a 33 round GLOCK magazine for my 9's and it works flawlessly. I don't know if GLOCK makes the extreme hi-cap mags for .40 S&W but that would be the best way to go. If not I would only use the aftermarket magazines for range use.
    yes glock does make a 22 round factory mag for .40S&W not easy to come by but not impossible a google search w/ some time is all you need. or i can imagine that you could go into any gun shop and they could order one in

I've got one of the 22rnd Glock factory mag's and it's performed flawlessly thus far. I have no plans to carry these as part of my EDC rig, tho have thought about putting these in a Get Home Bag.

Pincels miss spel werds;

Does GLOCK make a 31 round .40 S&W magazine? I beleive that is what the OP was inquiring about.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

To my knowledge, Glock does not make a factory mag in .40 S&W larger than a 22rnd capacity. I wish they did, as I'd love to have reliable hi-cap mag's for a possible Sub2K purchase I'd like to make - in like a year or more!

Pincels miss spel werds;

I have 2 of the 22rd mags in .40 as well.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

No personal experience with glock extreme hi-cap mags, I do with a beretta 92,but I'm pretty sure you can find em on Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

I went to the range Saturday and fired the 31rnd mag that I've had loaded for a couple weeks. Had 5 failures to feed in which the slide locked back w/o a new round chambering, had 1 where the fresh round stove-piped. Not sure what to make of the last, but definitely had issues. I plan to take the other two mag's after tomorrow's class and run two sets of rounds thru them all.

BTW, these were fired in a Glock 27. I'll bring the G-22 and see if there's any difference between the pistols due to size of the magazine well and/or barrel and slide arrangement having an effect on the magazine feed. Maybe its a long shot, but maybe not. Kinda wish I knew someone locally w/a Sub2K I could go to the range with to check the mag's in.

I expect similar issues with them all. At least the 22rnd mag is still error free. But then, it's a Glock OEM mag. I'm a bit bummed about the 31rnd mag's, as I was considering getting a KelTec Sub2000 at some point in the future - like perhaps a year down the road, if I'm lucky - and thought these would be perfect for that carbine. Looks like maybe not....

Just a reminder that I'm looking for folks' experience with these. I have three of the 31rnd mag's and one of the 22rnd - the latter of which I might get more... I'm not looking to find where to get more. At least, not right now.

Pincels miss spel werds;

^^^.....I would be concerned that I was "unknowingly" applying pressure the the mag due to the short grip of the G27...I noticed I was doing this when I used G23 mags in my G27.
    Let us know how the G22 works....mine fed the 22rd mag perfectly, but I see your 22rd mag worked as well.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links