Getting my 5 year old daughter a rifle... Opinions on the crickett? - Page 2

Getting my 5 year old daughter a rifle... Opinions on the crickett?

This is a discussion on Getting my 5 year old daughter a rifle... Opinions on the crickett? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; One thing that DOES concern me, is school. I have NO SHAME, in teaching my daughters, and son, firearms safety. I have NO SHAME, in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One thing that DOES concern me, is school.

I have NO SHAME, in teaching my daughters, and son, firearms safety. I have NO SHAME, in buying them thier own firearms (Although, they still live in *MY SAFE*). Nor, do I have any shame, in training them, on thier firearms.

However, I am concerned, that bragging in school will ensue, and, that a blissninny teacher, will make things out to be, well, bad. Even if they aren't so. I'm hoping this won't really be an issue, as I live in a fairly rural place, but, you never know.

Am I worrying about nothing?

I'd also be concerned about blissninny parent's, that would prevent my daughter from having friends, because there are 'guns in our home'. A La, that 'ASK' program. I've still not igured out how to respond to THAT, when it comes up...

The only guns in our home, that are not secured, are on mine, or my wife's person. By secured, I do NOT mean hidden. I mean, in a high-quality gun safe.

I really hope I'm just being paranoid. I tend to do that, with my daughters :)
    Where's the best place to apply for your Ohio CHL?
    Find out at http://ccwhen.com! (Now with Chat!)

Единственная реальная власть приходит из длинней винтовки.

Lead Moderator
    I wouldn't worry if you live in a rural/hunting area. My kids were drawing pics of me hunting in elementry school. But I we close public school up here for the opener of deer season too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Rocky, the school closing for the opening of deer season is one of my favorite stories of growing up in Michigan to tell people. Almost no one ever believes it at first.

Don't worry about the kids telling people, the chances of it causing problems are lower than we all think.

Don't bet on the school "not" causing problems. There are some pretty liberal teachers and so-called counselors, (even in the great nation of Texas), who believe that guns are inherently bad. When our girls were old enough to shoot, we discussed the need to not talk about them and to never tell anyone that "Mom has a .357 in her purse."

Teaching your children to properly handle a firearm is very rewarding. My youngest daughter, who is now grown and living away from us, just recently called to ask about installing a gunsafe and to tell me that she bought a new Ruger 10/22 like her Mom's. Also, my oldest daughter wants me to start working with our grandson to figure out which pistol fits him best. (She married a guy who really doesn't shoot much, but she makes up for it.)

I wish you luck!

I bought my 6 year old son a Henry mini-bolt last weekend. It is comparable to the cricket in size but he liked it a lot. It has fiberoptic sights front and rear and the chamber to load the shell is bigger than on the cricket. I shot it a few times at about 20 yards and must say it is extremely accurate.

New Member Array Scooty Puff Sr.'s Avatar
    I have two daughters and two pink crickets. They are not of age to use them yet, but the 4 year old knows she has it and looks at it from time to time when my vault is open.

She is very excited to shoot it when she is older "like when I'm 82" she said.

my boy has a cricket and with the peep sight on it i can tear the target up and so can he

[QUOTE=AutoFan;179693]Rocky, the school closing for the opening of deer season is one of my favorite stories of growing up in Michigan to tell people. Almost no one ever believes it at first.

Same is true for West-By-God-Virginia!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

WOW, someone is having fun digging up old posts. This post was started in 2006 and the OP hasn't been on this site since Sept. of 2007.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links