Defensive Carry banner

What a gun auction day this past Saturday!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  itschuck 
#1 ·
So it was a road trip this past Friday and Saturday to Ashland Ky. There was a 700 gun auction going on and a buddy and myself had to go. Arrived Fri. night to view all the guns, and there was a ton of them! High end shotguns, some rare colts, to many smiths to count and me kicking myself for not bringing more cash.
Up at 6am so we could be there when the doors opened at 7am at Fannin Motors ( the place of the auction ) to get a seat up front. Wonderful time yakking with folks and met Mr Fannin who was the actual owner of the guns going on auction. So I asked why he was selling his entire collection ( 702 guns to be exact ) He responded "Oh I am not selling them all, I still have 4,600 or so left after this auction." :blink: ( did I hear him correctly?? ) Yup he still has 4600... Then the man gave us a private tour of the garage in another part of the building. ( An old Lowes bldg he bought ) and lo and be hold he has a corvette for every year made
( except 1953 ) and 1 of 2 right hand drive corvettes ever made. ( Never knew they ever made a right hand drive vet ). Great way to kill a couple hours before the auction started.
9 am sharp it started and fast and furious it was..Mostly the Smith and Wessons at first which I wasnt looking for but the prices were great. Around 11 am I figured they were hitting 70-80 guns an hour which meant it would be around 3pm before the Colts came on the block. Mean while my buddy picked up a Citori shotgun for 750 bucks and a Browing BDA (NIB) for 325 bucks a nice little NAA Black widow in 17hmr for 150 bucks. I watcehd a Heritage Rough Rider 22lr/mag go for 325 ( couldn't understand that one ) The Sigs came up and I got 239 for 375 bucks (NIB). Then came the colts. One 1905 and I forget which model it was went for 2800 bucks, most of the detectives went 375 to 400. The diamond backs were creating quite a stir and some aggressive bidding ( which I lost out on ). I got an Official Police pre-war that was 98 percent for 275 , a little NIB colt vest pocket for 275, and regretted spending on that Sig as I watched a 1914 Colt Police Positive in 22LR that was 95 percent sell for 350 bucks..( Only had 325 left at that point...:mad: ). Then all the Colts were gone and so were we..the rest of the guns were more Smiths.
It was a long day in crappy uncomfortable chairs in a car dealership surrounded by wanna be Dave Hesters and if I had to do it again....
I WOULD IN A HEART BEAT!

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounded like a better day than being @Disneyworld!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.