Defensive Carry banner

Ready, aim ... buy? Why gun sales spiked on Black Friday

752 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MotorCityGun 
#1 ·
Very interesting article:

By Martha C. White
Americans spent some $52 billion on Black Friday weekend. In addition to sweaters and iPods, though, shoppers were scooping up something else in large numbers: guns.

The rest of the article and comments can be read here Bottom Line - Ready, aim ... buy? Why gun sales spiked on Black Friday

I found reader comments very interesting. My sense is America is in for a rocky future and the Second Amendment will be at the top of the list.

#2 ·
Frankly On BLACK FRIDAY I found no stellar deals. However I only checked 2 gun stores, Buds (which is 30 miles north of me) and Midway. I saw nothing I needed to jump at. I did see some deals on safes from Tractor Supply but even then those were about on par with weekly sales.

#3 ·
Man, I love Tractor Supply stores. There's none around here, but it's a destination for me in Georgia just for doggy chew toys :)

#4 ·
Since the article contains statistics on first time owners, etc., it will be interesting to see if the MSM provides any statistics related to an increase or decrease in accidental shootings, gun related crime, crime prevention, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.