rock island 1911 - Page 2

rock island 1911

This is a discussion on rock island 1911 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Dumbledork Yes, it's perfect for that. If you look at the Sarco website,they actually have receivers and parts kits to let you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: rock island 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    Yes, it's perfect for that.
    If you look at the Sarco website,they actually have receivers and parts kits to let you roll your own fairly reasonable including match parts to upgrade
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Christmas is near...you need to get it now. They are good guns. Shop around.

I was gonna close this thread but I'm gonna keep it open for everyone's chance to throw their two sense in on plus I'll put my personal review of it after Christmas and new years, and put some trigger time, what grain of bullets do you guys recommend using with the ria 1911?
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    240 grain is about the perfect .45 load in my opinion, my RIA does not like Federal ammo for what its worth
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

My compact works flawless with anything I feed it, I know quite a few guys who own them and a few custom gunsmiths that use them for the basis of custom 1911 builds. I recently purchased just the frame to build a target lower for my Kimber .22 conversion upper. A good gun that shoots just as well as my SA, and Para's for a lot less invested $$

Dont sink over 400 out the door, but I just aquired one at a gunshow, through some trading, and to be honest, i think so far it is a great shooter, you can do a lot of customizing once you get one, or leave it like it is n shoot shoot shoot ..... most research and what I hear on the forums are mostly good .... no complaints from me and very accurate.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I got a RIA 1911 a couple of months ago and love it. I went to the range with my 33 yr old son and after I let him shoot about 50 rounds through it I almost had to pry it from his hands. He's going to get one. There are many places on the internet where you can buy extra mags, but not all are quality fit. I got stainless steel 8-rd mags for $8.00 apiece from Sportsmans Guide online. They fit perfectly and seem a better quality than the single mag that comes with the pistol. Or you can buy Kimber mags for $20. Your choice, but I love this gun and got it through R&R arms in Duluth ,MN for $463 plus tax, shipping, and FFL transfer fee. By the way, RIA recommends 500 rounds for break-in and this gun shot all different kinds of ammo so far with no FTF or stovepipes.

Quote Originally Posted by gunguy82 View Post
    I was gonna close this thread but I'm gonna keep it open for everyone's chance to throw their two sense in on plus I'll put my personal review of it after Christmas and new years, and put some trigger time, what grain of bullets do you guys recommend using with the ria 1911?
    Any and all .45 ammo will work. Try the 230gr, then the 185gr, both in FMJ and JHP. Im sure youll love it..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    240 grain is about the perfect .45 load in my opinion, my RIA does not like Federal ammo for what its worth
    Where do you find those - 240 grain .45ACP rounds. I prefer the 230 grain loads myself.
    atctimmy likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Just my opinion but, I would shoot a boatload of 230 gr ball ammo through it first. All 1911's should handle this load. If you try more exotic ammo and have problems you will not know if its the ammo or the pistol having problems.

Michael

Everybody I want to thank you for your Intel its been a big help to me, I have a local ammo guy he's gonna get me 1,000 rounds of ball ammo cheap think he's gonna charge me like $300, then to the range I go I'm gonna order about a dozen extra mags any suggestions on inexpensive quality mags? Or does anybody have mags they're selling, I'd rather buy from a local than a big business...thanks
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I have three RIA`S, A GI,Compact and a Tactical,All in .45ACP. All are flawless now. I had a problem with the Compact with FTF`s and I called them and sent it back. They called me twice about it,fixed it and sent it to me. 3,000 rnds later it`s as "Golden" as the rest. Never a problem and the Warranty is just Stunning,they Really take care of you without any kind of Attitude,I like that. Customer service is Great there. All were under $500.00,I will buy more as they are a very well made accurate weapon. Good Luck!.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Mags

Everybody I want to thank you for your Intel its been a big help to me, I have a local ammo guy he's gonna get me 1,000 rounds of ball ammo cheap think he's gonna charge me like $300, then to the range I go I'm gonna order about a dozen extra mags any suggestions on inexpensive quality mags? Or does anybody have mags they're selling, I'd rather buy from a local than a big business...thanks
    I buy mags only from Joe`s mag mania. I have about a dozen now and all work with NO issues. The prices and shipping are Great. Check `em out.

Dyer Group Gripper, about $30 will tighten the shot pattern up considerably. A good polishing on the feed ramp, Hood & chamber will ensure reliablility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledork View Post
    Armscor makes RIA pistols.
    Yes, I know. That's why I suggested getting the Armscor instead of the RIA and saving some dollars by not paying extra for a simple name change.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links