rock island 1911 - Page 3

rock island 1911

This is a discussion on rock island 1911 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This looks like a good place to ask this...Any study or findings out there that compare a cast receiver/slide assy to those that are forged? ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: rock island 1911

This looks like a good place to ask this...Any study or findings out there that compare a cast receiver/slide assy to those that are forged? My OCD requires a forged one, but thats just me. Springfield Armory 1911's having any issues? If it were me, for what you'd spent on a RI 1911, I'd drop the extra for an SA . Just saying. If its gonna be a CCW at any time consider spending a little more.For the record I have zero experience with RI 1911's....

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
    Yes, I know. That's why I suggested getting the Armscor instead of the RIA and saving some dollars by not paying extra for a simple name change.
    Usually the Armscor branded pistols cost more than a comparable RIA.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    This looks like a good place to ask this...Any study or findings out there that compare a cast receiver/slide assy to those that are forged? My OCD requires a forged one, but thats just me. Springfield Armory 1911's having any issues? If it were me, for what you'd spent on a RI 1911, I'd drop the extra for an SA . Just saying. If its gonna be a CCW at any time consider spending a little more.For the record I have zero experience with RI 1911's....
    They're both a foreign made pistol...and I'm prefectly confortable carrying, or relying on a RIA for HD.

I don't think a SA is worth a couple hundred more (at minimum) for a comparably equipped pistol.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

I bought my 5" RIA 1911 used for $300 with serpa holster and 6 mags. I sold it some time later for $450...and I'm still kicking myself in the butt for selling it. It was a very good pistol and the buddy I sold it to is loving it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Cuda66,
    Yeah I think made in Brazil. Ya know if the SA is cast or forged?

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Cuda66,
    Yeah I think made in Brazil. Ya know if the SA is cast or forged?
    Springer's are forged, slide and receiver, by IMBEL, a very well known and respected foundry.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD,
    thanx, i agree Imbel great quality. Always heard there FAL's were very desirable.
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Waiting on mine to get shipped, thinking it'll be after the new year before I get to play
    And so when man and horse go down beneath a saber keen, or in a roaring charge of fierce melee you stop a bullet clean, and the hostiles come to get your scalp, just empty your canteen, put your pistol to your head and go to Fiddlers green. U.S Army Cavalry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links