Shot placement - Page 3

Shot placement

This is a discussion on Shot placement within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by fm2 I'm not sure if that's true. Knowing what to do and testing it out to see if and how it works ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shot placement

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fm2 View Post
    I'm not sure if that's true. Knowing what to do and testing it out to see if and how it works out, in likely scenarios, is something we need to do. To quote one of my favorite clothing company's motto " You have to test to understand!"
    I don't think anyone can be sure if it is true. We are dealing in hypotheticals. I don't think one can possibly imagine all the "likely scenarios." Some CCWs really scare me when they try. I think one should train such that the gun becomes a natural extension. Without that, scenarios are not very improtant.

Quote Originally Posted by fm2 View Post
    On the stopping issue, it all depends. How do you invision the scenario and how do you train that? If you train for 1 BG, showing a weapon, standing still, and at 7 yards; you will get good at that. How often are folks victimized that way? I think folks should train in the context of criminal assaults.
    I practice shooting pretty much the same way I did in the military. That is, I shoot a lot, from vaious distances and body positions, and under time constraints. I don't worry too much about whether this training will prepare me for every possibility. I figure any scenario that this won't prepare me for and that my weapon won't handle, is most likely one in which I was not meant to survive.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ View Post
    No caliber war for me. If you can put a single .22 rd. in an eye socket then you are in good shape.
    I hope you are just trying to make a point with that statement, and that's not your idea of "practical" defensive shooting ???

In most shooting situations proper shot placement can be summed up in 6 words ...............

Center Mass , Center Mass & Center Mass !!

As far as caliber wars : Nah I shoot the largest caliber than I can shoot accurately and quickly. For me it's the .45 acp . For others it might be a 9mm , 40 cal ,or .357

A LTTLE TRAINING IS A DANGEROUS THING ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links