Tell us about your favorite indoor gun range...?

This is a discussion on Tell us about your favorite indoor gun range...? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Range at Lake Norman just opened less than 2 months ago. Having managed the site selection, zoning, and all aspects of construction of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tell us about your favorite indoor gun range...?

The Range at Lake Norman just opened less than 2 months ago. Having managed the site selection, zoning, and all aspects of construction of the facility for the owners I'd like to know the following as we are in the process of selecting our next location in the metro area now.

1) What's the name of your favorite indoor climate controlled (has heat and A/C) range in the U.S.?

2) Location (city / state)?

3) Reason(s) you like it?

4) Along these lines, what would you like to have access to that you don't?

Thanks for the feedback...want to improve upon what we've done to make it even better!

Range Development Services, LLC

National Police Museum Range in Titusville FL
    Open to public about the cleanest range I have ever seen .
    Has electronic target controls so you can input the exact distance.
    OldVet likes this.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Would like to shoot at that National Police Museum Range.

There's a range North of here a bit, up by Leesburg, that is very clean, spacious, exceptioanally well lit and with plenty of lanes for shooters, so you can always get in. I would like to see them be able to handle 50cal S&W though.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    it allows us strong side draw

but for 22 mag we have to keep our ammo subsonic
    we can play class 3 inside

if there are just us'ens there we can set up informal IDPA forward of the ports

lots more goodies just downside is the winter brings the cold to the concrete floors.

its got 9 lanes with o-l-d style cranks to 25 yards.

we have a goodly number of LEO as members. these peoples tend to be into the shooting sports
    (IDPA, plates & pins, etc) and many of us have fun playing off against them informally.

with a closed membership there is about a 6 month wait to join.
    Last edited by claude clay; December 13th, 2011 at 09:01 PM.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    When I was in middle school, the class 1 year ahead of me went to Wash. DC. One of the kids parents worked for the FBI and they got a tour at Quantico. The teachers got to try fully auto machine guns on their range.

I've personally only been to two ranges so my experience is limited. The one has a bench area behind the stalls where you can load magazines and place your supplies. It is also fairly informal in regards to lane selection, which can be nice at least if it isn't too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    it allows us strong side draw

but for 22 mag we have to keep our ammo subsonic
    we can play class 3 inside

if there are just us'ens there we can set up informal IDPA foward of the ports

lots more goodies just downside is the winter brings the cold to the concret floors.
    Name and location of this range please???
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Ultimate defense firing range in St. Peters, MO. Been open just over a year. They have twelve, 25 yd lanes, electronic controlled targets, and a six lane, 7 yd range. Retail center of just about anything gun related you could need, including the guns. Great prices. Huge selection of rental guns. And great selection of classes, from first shots, ladies night, up to tactical level classes. Love this place. Wish it was a bit cheaper per hour to shoot.

It's not the range so much as the staff and the rules. I've been happy with Springs Road Gun Club in Hickory. The staff rocks and know what they are talking about. Easy to get along with. None of this holier than though I'm the gun guru crap. They replaced a spring on my Glock free of charge, nice. Members can work from the holster, rapid fire, point shoot, and all that. I don't see much use in slowly punching small holes in paper with a carry gun. It's not the newest or best looking range around. But I go there to shoot, not eat off the floor. Membership prices are affordable. I wish they had a better gun rental selection though.

Jerks behind the counter or counter intuitive rules will ruin even a snazzy new shooting range.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...nNtatjtf92zURw
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Waiting for the new range to open here in Richmond. Colonial Shooting Academy, scheduled to open in Feb. of 2012, will be 60,000 Sq Ft state of the art range. 3 levels, lower level for police training, ground lever, general public and retail store, uppr level private members range.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Ex Member
    I live in Indy, 1,000,000+ population and we have two. One in the ghetto, Dons, and one with the rudest people on the planet there, Pop's.

Raleigh,NC needs a new one,the one near me is cold in the winter and hot in the summer and the ventilation sucks and the lighting is poor. I guess the rates are good at $15.00 an hour.I would like to see a indoor interactive range.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Bud's Gun Warehouse and Range in Lexington,KY.Well lit,well ventilated,10 25yard lanes.What I'm addicted to is the reactive steel range(one of 4 in country).It's like whack-a-mole with a pistol.

Vandalia Range & Armory in Dayton, OH. Electronic controlled targets, well lit and most importantly staffed by range officers that aren't shy about making sure everyone is safe. Great all around gun shop and range. I love shooting here.

Target World in Cincinnati, OH. Awful. No range officers. Frequently come across people without firearm experience renting guns here. Truly dangerous at times.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Shooters Edge in Piney Flats, TN. State of the art facility with 15 lanes, excellent ventilation, electronic target control,
    guns, ammo, supplies, 5.11 tac equipment, rental guns, and various gun classes weekly. Super friendly staff and instructors and excellent family atmosphere. Wouldn't change a thing there.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

none i hate indoor ranges they are all too small and they'll rent any yahoo off the street any gun they want. not to mention people kill themselves/others in those places all the time. find somebody with alot of property/hunting lease and make a new friend.
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links